Status Of Boards?

transmition

Still Fresh
So, how goes board production? How many are done? Can we see a picture? How much longer until they will be finished?

Transmition said:
So, how goes board production? How many are done? Can we see a picture? How much longer until they will be finished?

theres a superb hi res pic from one of the sample boards.

on MW Photobucket (cant recall the link) or search openpandora.org on their pics page

http://gs113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/

BTW! wuts going on with the burn in test, theve took forever and still not green over the status table.

are they trying to test em until they melt due to the use?XD

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
There might be some photos of lots of boards today if we get our way with certain people.
There are certain people that I'd like to have my way with, too.

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
There might be some photos of lots of boards today if we get our way with certain people.
There are certain people that I'd like to have my way with, too.

Giggity giggity!

EDIT: Oh, and looking forward to the pictures :)

craigix said:
And how about the rest of the case parts? Wasn't it mentioned that MWeston was getting the rest of them and was going to post pics of a full Pandora after the weekend?

craigix said:

Offering 5:1 on this one!

rabidpoobear said:
craigix said:
And how about the rest of the case parts? Wasn't it mentioned that MWeston was getting the rest of them and was going to post pics of a full Pandora after the weekend?

I'd cut the man some slack, at the prospect of having some more pictures of the boards (which are due for completion at the end of the month).

The cases were meant to have arrived at Mweston's after the weekend just past, however if you check out the latest post on the official openpandora blog EvilDragon says (on the 14th) that there are problems with the upper lower-base section and the rest are complete; he expected a 5 day timeline for completion of this part. After which they'll either send out samples to Mweston or just mass-produce them there.

The cases aren't the bottle neck at the moment because if all goes well (yet again) then the part will be complete on the 19th and there only needs to be around 10 days (if you think that the factory can produce 400/day) to manufacture all the cases. At that time, around the end of the month, the two strands of the boards and the cases should be complete and they just need to be assembled and shipped. Which is why they've said they're focussing on getting the firmware and software image up to scratch to preload on to the memory.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/Pandora_assembly.jpg

103 out of 105 passed. The other two may come up after another reflow but sometimes they are just dead and get tossed aside. This whole time has been spent working on the ones that have been functional and building the test jig with pins that probe the PCB. We've also been focusing efforts on adding more features to the software so that an automated application can be run on top of the OS to check all of the hardware functionality with as little human interaction as possible.

That makes me tingle. Michael, thank you!

How does a 2 failed out of 105 measure up to your expectations?

MWeston said:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/Pandora_assembly.jpg

103 out of 105 passed. The other two may come up after another reflow but sometimes they are just dead and get tossed aside. This whole time has been spent working on the ones that have been functional and building the test jig with pins that probe the PCB. We've also been focusing efforts on adding more features to the software so that an automated application can be run on top of the OS to check all of the hardware functionality with as little human interaction as possible.
Amazing.

socket said:
Why must you do this to me?

Because when they don't people get antsy and upset and start throwing conspiracy theories at each other. :D

'Tis indeed quite exciting!

It's nice to have something new to revel in. I'm getting more excited.

@Anyone that can answer: Now are we going to continue to see 100 batch increments or, since the first successful batch has been completed, are we going to the 300 per batch level?

Sweet! It's awesome to see so many boards at one time. Keep up the great work, guys, and keep pressin' on. :)

Back