Status Of Boards?

ZoxFox said:
Tuxedomask29 said:
The way I read the message from ZoxFox was that we can stop dreaming because it's going to happen.

no unfortunately i mean the opposite ^^ it´s not going to happen....sorry for my mistakable message
Two weeks from now is the end of November. Isn't that what the expected finish time was all along? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
To make sure we ship a substantial number before Christmas Pandoras are going to be assembled in the USA, Germany and the UK.

craigix said:
Err, why would that mean they won't ship before christmas?

craigix, please man. you know that we probably wont have them before christmas, please stop leading us to believe that we will.
the pic is nice, and its reassuring that things are moving along. but when it comes down to it, its just a pile of boards like we've seen twenty times before, albeit more of them this time and in a different colour.

craigix said:
To make sure we ship a substantial number before Christmas Pandoras are going to be assembled in the USA, Germany and the UK.

well thats a nice nugget of news too.
im still doubtful after evil dragons statement though.

Well, I expect those first couple hundred to go to the developers, so that means software-development/testing can really start then already(the real thing is always better than some dev-board...), and by the time the rest is done, the firmware should be at least somewhat usable, and most obvious bugs fixed, things that didn't show up with the limited amount of dev-boards...

That picture is awesome. Desktopped!

ah progress, that's the stuff. B)

Sigh, no pandora in christmas. Shipping also takes a week with airmail plus im on the last of the order list(ordered 8 months ago or so)....

I can almost cry of all these delays, they just keep coming, no matter how good the news is.

craigix said:

As long as it doesn't compromise quality then I don't mind. Do they not need a special environment to be assembled in? Or is it just a case of the dev team putting them together?

craigix said:
You guys rock!

borgqueenx said:
Sigh, no pandora in christmas. Shipping also takes a week with airmail plus im on the last of the order list(ordered 8 months ago or so)....
I ordered two weeks ago, don't feel bad :p

Transmition said:
borgqueenx said:

We are the lucky ones, getting an order for a Pandora without having to live through all the big delays. (Order confirmed two days ago :p )

It sounds to me like there will be at least a few completely finished Pandoras ready to ship out by X-Mas. The only piece that's still not finished is the case and it sound like that will come together just in time for them to assemble a few using these boards that have already been populated and tested.

My guess is that the 3895 probably won't start shipping until the middle of January.

i just wanted that they could give out a possible position table based on the ordering times

just a estimate so i could calculate ETA

DroneB Dev said:
i just wanted that they could give out a possible position table based on the ordering times

That's actually a really good idea. That way they could give us an idea of our place in line without giving out information about buyers.

-God Ginrai

KodeIn said:
Transmition said:
borgqueenx said:

We are the lucky ones, getting an order for a Pandora without having to live through all the big delays. (Order confirmed two days ago :p )
Been here since the beginning, only registered early last year. I ordered a year ago, never received my reorder cause my email was screwed. I've seen every delay, and gone mad back to sane back to insane many times. Now I finally got mine reordered, but sadly I'll be one of the last ones to receive it. Life is just so unfair, but it could be worse, lots worse. Just happy to know that a Pandora will be at my doorsteps someday. Been waiting over a year, what's an extra month?

Please don't jinx it.
Every time I now hear what's an extra month, it makes me break out into a cold sweat.
That's been the response for a year now, so just don't jinx it because Mr Sod and his law seems to say in that case let's just give you that extra month, then the following month someone says it again :lol:

craigix said:

I almost missed this bit of info, but that is great news! Thought they would all be assembled in the USA. If mine is assembled in Germany, that should reduce the transport time to my home (in the Netherlands) considerably. even UK will probably be a bit faster than the US.

Thanks!

craigix said:
It looks like 1000 Pandora consoles will be finished early in December now, good times. :)

Nice. How many days do you think we'll lose to the Christmas holidays for the production of the rest?

Sadly I'm one of the latter pre-orders.

craigix said:
It looks like 1000 Pandora consoles will be finished early in December now, good times. :)

Hey Craig are you serious? What new info do you have that makes this statement possible/fact at this point? Did Michael get the last case parts, and has case production been green lighted? I'll keep my fingers crossed, and hope for the best.

Jumpman
Sin City
USA

Back