How Long Does A 3895 Pandora Production Take?

ahahah

hello

just to know how long will take approximately the production of the 3895 units?
in the status page, http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en it is already started, but how long would it take?
how many units are already assembled since the biginning of the mass production?

Dunny said:
Alerino said:
TWO MONTHS ™

No, I'm sure we were told at the start of the year that it would be two weeks.

D.
Dunny, are you BSing? 2 weeks? NO WAY! JUST NOT POSSIBLE! Has to be a joke! :p

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
ahahah said:
hello

just to know how long will take approximately the production of the 3895 units?
in the status page, http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en it is already started, but how long would it take?
how many units are already assembled since the biginning of the mass production?
No Pandoras(except developer prototypes) have been assembled, because the cases aren't ready, yet.
It's still unclear how long it will take. When the cases are ready, MWeston will fly to Texas and supervise assembly.

so there is one thing i don't understand.
in january when i took contact by mail to openpandoraorders(a)gmail.com to have some informations on the preorders, someone told me that febuary was the current expected release date. at this time the mass production was not even started.

so the person who told me that, knew that it would take more time and told me this answer...? why?

ahahah said:
in january when i took contact by mail to openpandoraorders(a)gmail.com to have some informations on the preorders, someone told me that febuary was the current expected release date. at this time the mass production was not even started.

so the person who told me that, knew that it would take more time and told me this answer...? why?

Hard to believe,

Sphinxter said:
Hard to believe,

i don't lie.

what i don't understand is why this person told me that.

ahahah said:
Sphinxter said:
Hard to believe,

i don't lie.

what i don't understand is why this person told me that.
Because the expected release date is always a best estimate assuming all goes as planned.
Things didn't go as planned, it has taken far longer to get the cases manufactured than they were originally quoted. Estimates are thrown off.

ahahah said:

They didn't know, that the cases would need even more refinement at that time. Just a general advice, if someone gives you a release date, forget it instantly ;)

ahahah said:

"Current expected" are the main words here, Which means they don`t/didn`t know for sure when the release date would actually be, So they gave you an estimated date instead.

If you browse these forum, You may have a better idea what has been going on with regards to the release date, Why there is no
definite date for release, And why the release date keeps slipping/changing.

No one still really know`s for sure yet when the actual release date will be, But i`m pretty sure when there is any concrete news,
Everyone will get to know about it. Until then, We`ll just have to wait it out.

Trooper

The expected time is a mathematical expression rather than a finite quantity. This expression has held true at point in the lifecycle of the OpenPandora. In a concise manner this expression may be "EXPRESSED" as

Time Till Pandora ships = 2 weeks ->

:rolleyes:

I think the current estimate is that people will start receiving Pandoras 2-3 weeks after the cases are sent from the Chinese Factory. It will take another 2-3 weeks for those at the end of the queue to be shipped out. All of this is dependent on a lot of international shipping and speculation, so anything could go wrong.

Where in Texas? I'll come help and work for free*.

* DISCLAIMER: Offer not valid in 50 states. Some restrictions apply. Offer nontransferable.
Offer available for a limited time. Some sense of humor required. Do not use if you are
boring or will become boring soon. Offer known to cause groaning, snickering and uncontrollable
loss of bowl control. Do not consume offer with alcohol, drive while taking offer or engage in
compromising acts (including but not limited to: thinking, rationalizing, talking, laughing or
ingesting) with offer. What's your order number optional. Poor taste mandatory. Apply chill pill
as needed. Open Pandora inevitable.

Back