Squidge's Mmu Hack: Discovery Of The Month :)

Why don't we all get off this, N64 emulation just is not going to happen on the gp2x. Portable emulation of N64 will only be slightly feasible on Psp hwich is the honest truth. No GPU, No form of 3d acceleration, 200mhz Arm cpu's, No floating point maths. It's just not going to happen. End of Story

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 11 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
Why don't we all get off this, N64 emulation just is not going to happen on the gp2x. Portable emulation of N64 will only be slightly feasible on Psp hwich is the honest truth. No GPU, No form of 3d acceleration, 200mhz Arm cpu's, No floating point maths. It's just not going to happen. End of Story

It's matter of a perfomance only - it can happen but at what speed? The speed can be increased using shortcuts like not doing alphablending or texturing at all. It will be very slow and will look like a crap anyway. But it's technically possible to have a N64 emu on GP2x.

So I agree it'd be... a futile effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, and who is going to spend months of their life developing something that runs like crap..... any volunteers?

Reesy posted on Jul 11 2006 at 07:53 AM said:
Exactly, and who is going to spend months of their life developing something that runs like crap..... any volunteers?

I don't know, Norton AntiVirus doesnt' seem to have a problem doing that week after week.

Winterkid posted on Jul 12 2006 at 02:52 AM said:

I don't know, Norton AntiVirus doesnt' seem to have a problem doing that week after week.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So true. My dad is also convinced that Norton releases dummy virus's and just makes the anti-virus so people just keep paying for that crap.

I really do hate it, when people say "forget machine X, it had crappy games/would run like crap on 2X, let's just concentrate on machine Y"

It just... Bugs me immensely... "Atari5000 emulator would be kinda neat..." "Forget it, it one good game and terrible layout, we should concentrate on getting 100% Gigadrive first!"

Someone proposes an emulator, someone else digs up a spreadsheet of tech specs, and declares, declares, that it's impossible. It isn't fucking impossible untill someone tries, and fails.

Squidge posted on Jul 11 2006 at 06:27 PM said:
Oi, whos filling my thread with crap? :p

Stop posting in your own thread and get back to working some more miracles ;)

PSyMastR posted on Jul 12 2006 at 09:20 AM said:
Winterkid posted on Jul 12 2006 at 02:52 AM said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So true. My dad is also convinced that Norton releases dummy virus's and just makes the anti-virus so people just keep paying for that crap.

Once memory storage got cheaper (CD/DVD burners and HDDs) I stopped using any kind of antivirus software. I'm doing just partitions images so I can recover a system (both Win and Linux) in minutes if needed.

Winterkid posted on Jul 12 2006 at 08:52 AM said:

Those are no volunteers. They get paid for that.

Pay me a lot of money and I'm going to port a N64 emulator, even if it can't play anything :p

Last edited:
I'd have more motivation if I were paid too.

I wonder how many other games/emulators that are in the archives could benefit from the MMU hack as well...

Thank you again, Squidge!

Back