SquidgeLink 0.3

That's probably a bug, I send quit command to gp32 when the window closes, but I don't I check that if you quit via the menu.

As for drive changing on pc part, try clicking the "PC" button for a nice drop-down menu :)

Beatifull this, menu, i wasn't know about it :)

in files list the ".." entry like on PC please :)

a last point, an fpk, zpk installer would be nice ;)

Thanks for the tip :)

I've checked a few things with Microsoft's developer network, and I'm using a few functions in a way that fail under Win95/98/ME (basically, overlapped I/O on pipes).

So, it's not compatible with those operating systems, sorry! Maybe I can develope another communication method for these operating systems when the program itself is more mature.

Thanks for trying it though, I'll state it's incompatibility from now on until I get something sorted.

SQ3.2 *sometimes* fails to transfer very small files (eg. <500bytes) to PC.
This happens when there are too many small files on transfer queue. (Try copying whole GPFM dir.)

And please, add directory copy function.

SquidgeLink has currently been suspended whilst I rethink the angle of approach.

I've added Explorer SendTo support, and partial drag'n'drop, but it seems to be going the way of building a complete file manager such a Total Commander, but with a poor protocol to communicate with the GP32 with, which still doesn't support many features to assume are present on a file manager, such as rename support.

Rewriting the pclink on the GP32 to overcome these problems is fine, but I don't think this is the way to go. Therefore, I'd like to write a gp32 application to turn the device in, effectively, what is a disk drive to the pc (via a mass storage driver), and then use whatever file manager is the best on the pc.

Yes, Firefly has already written a Mass storage driver for the gp32, but it's still read-only, and browsing through my irc logs, it's seems like he's given up on the project. I'm not going to be continuing his project, as I hate looking through other people code (even if he was willing to give away his source code), but I have my own SMC I/O routines and usb code which I've written for other projects, so it's just a matter of gluing them together.

If none of it works, then I gets its back to the Squidgelink with optional GP32 PCLink replacement, but for now, I think this is the best way to go.

Squidge,

I just thought I would say I have been using SquidgeLink for a while to transfer big files to the GP32 (ScummVM games) and I would not be without it. Even in it's current state it is a great bit of work.

The added features sound nice but I can fully understand why you are looking at the problem from the other end.

So when will be available a new version ?

I's not a matter to lauch a FXE in order to have full possibilityn but you should keep compatibility with normal pclink ;)

I wait evolution :)

Well, I don't have that much free time, so Squidgelink is suspended whilst I play with the USB Mass storage device I'm creating. It seems at the moment that Squidgelink itself will be discontinued, as I move to the gp32-based driver instead. This also means that it should be compatible with not just Windows, but Linux, Mac and other systems that support such devices.

Squidgelink doesn't really do anything that the gp32 driver will not be able to, apart from obtaining pduid/smcid, but I'm sure I'll be able to throw it in there somehow.

Back