Gpquake 0.3

i would'nt break yours hopes, but... dont dream about mods...
quake mods are natives dynamic library (.dll for win, .so for linux) so we need a quake code compiler for arm!!!
i'm not sure if such a thing exists.
anyway, quake for gp32 is a dream becoming true, so why not mods?
good work guys! this would rocks

Yep can't wait till quake is running around 20fps. Quake was the bomb. I remember requiem Quake with 16 bots multiplayer. One of the most fun bot multi games you can play :D

loki666 Quake 2 has .dll and .so in mods where as quake 1 uses .dat files compiled with the free quakec compiler

The progs.dat would run under Dos / Windows or Linux without the need to change it at all

that's right. mods should work as long as they don't take too much ram, but there's no option to load them yet.

changelist:
+ gamma
+ stability :)
+ compiled with gcc 3.4.1 instead of 3.4.0, but i don't think that gives more speed
+ experimental? chatboard support

sorry for not adding the other clockspeed version / speed selector yet.
instead i've ported spout to the gp32. but more on that soon.

How can I install mods in GPQUAKE????
were i have to put the paks???

Please help me!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks you!
I'll Wait for the nexts updates.
Nice work woogal and no_skill!

There is a cool mod for quake 1 which me and some mates made called Total Oblivian. It seems to have gone form the web site http://www.telefragged.com/flitsoft but if anyone owns the CD from PC Gamer from June 1998 or July 1998 - Can't remember, we managed to get it on that- My claim to fame.

I have a copy somewhere so i'll try to dig it out.

Anyway, don't know how you will get the mod working on the gp32_console but try it on the PC, if you find the file, it adds about 50 weapons to the game including tesla coils and the worst bots you will have ever seen.

verry quick source idea

after quake loads gpmm\quake\id1 make it also load gpmm\quake\mod
afer a recompile all you would have to do is put a mods files into gpmm\quake\mod (not sub dir) to run it and if the mod dir is empty it should run quake as normal

I would have tryed this out myself I think its as simple as adding 1 line of code but I only have limited coding skills and could not get quake to link :(

I think this would be a good temporary mod testing solution :D

I would have tryed this out myself I think its as simple as adding 1 line of code but I only have limited coding skills and could not get quake to link
You're right, a mod test like that would only require a couple of minor additions, but thats not the problem :). The issue is that the loading/saving code was never ported (other than pak loading). Once we've got the load functions ported we can start to look at mod loading, and I'm hoping that's all that's necessary to get mods working (but things never go the way you expect so I'm not making any assumptions yet). And anyway, whats the rush with playing mods? isn't the main quake game enough for you? ;)

Yep its probably better to concentrate on other things working first ;)

Dont know if anyone has realised this but if you run the game at a lower screen size (maybe 4 or 5 down) it dose not lockup when you go into the water

How comes it that saving doesn´t work ? Is it the FAT12 format that isn´compatible ? After all, i think this is the only real flaw of this game. In my opinion it is very well playable even in fullscreen mode, and i don´t care much about sound atm. If the autor doesn´t want to include a speed selector atm he could release different versions with different clockspeeds... that wouldn´t be very much work... :p

How comes it that saving doesn´t work ?
Because we haven't coded it yet :)
Our next release will include full game loading/saving as well as loading of autoexec.cfg files and similar (lets you decrease the texture quality to improve speed, and a few other interesting little tweaks). It's not known yet if mod loading will be supported, but I hope it will.

Back