Gpquake 0.3

Fishbong posted on Sep 7 2004 at 03:43 PM said:
When will we get a version with load/save support? Without it`s pointless to play it.
When it's fixed. It's currently the only thing left to finish before the next release, but unfortunately the saves seem to corrupt for no obvious reason on later levels :(. I was hoping my card might just be corrupt (other apps were going a bit strange when saving, and the card only had a couple of mb free). I removed half the files off the card and my other problems went away, but after a very quick test this morning it seems that quake still fails. I've got another card somewhere which I will try tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
gba-cube posted on Aug 31 2004 at 06:02 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Aug 31 2004 at 04:53 PM said:
cant wait.. I can only run at 252mhz max so make sure that option is in :p hehe

:D

Keep up the good work B)
252mhz! :blink:

Yup Thats STANDARD as well :D :D

Some ppl can get upto 256mhz :p

jeez
i only get 166....
damn
well, we could use some more stability and like 2 more fps
theres a bunch of parts, in the free ware lest, where the game crashes
and 2 more fps and saving would be nice, definatley brrighter also
and a boot screen like doom

~Octavious

well, we could use some more stability
Done ;)
and like 2 more fps
There's no speed increase currently, but seeing as you have no idea how many fps you currently get it would be difficult to give you 2 fps more ;). Craigix has got a couple of ideas on how to improve the fps but I don't think they will be implemented in 0.4.
theres a bunch of parts, in the free ware lest, where the game crashes
I've played up to level 6 so far and not had a crash.
saving would be nice
Done, but suffers from a problem where it will stop displaying the saved games at random times (it actually acts as though there's no smc inserted). Craigix says doom had similar problems so I'm going to try and implement the doom smc code to see if things improve.
definatley brrighter also
Gamma is now fully functional.
and a boot screen like doom
Done ;). Lets you select clockspeeds from 133 to 256.

Just like to say thanks Woogal for continuing this port. I would love to play Quake at a good speed on around 150mhz. Quake rocks!

Er... i don´t get it. Is this version woogal spake of in his last post avaiable or will it get released as soon as the load/save bug has been removed ?
Anyway these news are really impressive :eek: . I wouldn´t have dreamed of such a good port just 2 moths ago! :lol:

Fishbong posted on Sep 10 2004 at 12:57 PM said:
Er... i don´t get it. Is this version woogal spake of in his last post avaiable or will it get released as soon as the load/save bug has been removed ?
Anyway these news are really impressive :eek: . I wouldn´t have dreamed of such a good port just 2 moths ago! :lol:
It is being released very soon. I'm not sure if the load/save bug will be fixed in the next release because it seems that very strange stuff is going on with several gp sdk commands (it looks like the pallet functions might also stop working at the same time as the file functions). I might just release it in it's current state, then maybe spend some time trying to get rid of the gp sdk (gpDoom apparently had similar problems which almost went away when a different smc lib was used).

Back