Phamicom V.0.3

madelman

Still Fresh
Hi, i've just uploaded a new version of phamicom-gp2x, a port of the NES emulator.

== Changes ==

v.0.3

- Implemented savestates
- Deleted some unused code
- Switched to PAL mode by default

If you want to try you can download it from my homepage: http://elligre.tk/madelman/index.php/gp2x/

Please, report any bugs you might find. The controls are in the readme.

Hope you like it.

Can't read the readme, is this like DrMD and the other emu's that need you to put the roms in /roms/nes or /roms/famicom?

Thanx,
Stan

Oops, never mind, just saw readme.eng

Hmm, it doesn't launch. In the read me it says:

Copy the ROM in the same folder with the name rom.nes.

Does this mean that I have to make a folder named rom.nes and put the ROM's into it? Does that folder have to be in the same folder as 'phamicom' and 'phamicom.gpe'? I thought maybe when you said 'rom.nes' you meant 'rom/nes', like a nes folder in the roms folder.

Thanx,
Stan

I imagine it means put your game in the same directory as phamicom.gpe, and make sure it is named rom.nes.

Chances are what directory you use doesn't matter, as long as the .gpe and rom.nes are in the same place.

This emulator doesn't have a rom selector, so you can only use one rom at a time, and it needs to be named per the readme.

I think the NK NES emulator is still a little better, but it needs tweaking as well.

Since it was Open Sourced, is there a particular reason nobody is adding to NK's emulator, since it lacks only savestates? In my experience it's prettymuch fullspeed, and with sound.

Yeah, Phamicom doesn't have sound yet, but it plays well from what I tried. I think I'm going to wait for this to progress till it has sound and a rom selection menu, but I didn't encounter any bugs. I can't really bug test without sound though, it's just weird playing games I've played a million times and not having the familiar sound.

Since it was Open Sourced, is there a particular reason nobody is adding to NK's emulator, since it lacks only savestates? In my experience it's prettymuch fullspeed, and with sound.
Well, both have to be open source, and if NK adds this to his, his has to become open source. Just because something is open source doesn't mean you can just steal code from it without giving code back.

Thanx,
Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
I know about GPL release necessities and whatnot, but ... am I misreading or are you implying these aren't all Open Source?

Back