Allegro

The 3.4.4 toolchain is only really for the kernel (you can't build the kernel with 4.x). You'd be much better off with 4.1.1.

Ok my bad.

I'd just downloaded the 4.1.1 for glibc 2.3.6 and when I run: arm-open2x-linux-gcc (just to test the export path) I get it moaning about it needing glibc 2.4 even though the file I downloaded specified that it was for glibc 2.3.6

I take it that that wasn't supposed to happen?

I downloaded it from the open2x site (under the toolchain section).

Thanks again. :)

Ah, I guess you are on a distro which hasn't updated to glibc 2.4 yet :). I had this a while back and recompiled it. The 2.3.6 in the filename refers to the version of glibc used for the GP2X binaries produced.

Here's the package you need: http://x11.gp2x.de/tempfiles/arm-open2x-li...nux.tar.bz2.zip

It should install exactly the same way as the 'official' one, but I can't remember for certain. Just make sure it ends up in /opt/open2x/{version} and you'll be fine :).

This is the same toolchain that gave me the error above (and is only the 3.4.4 one).

I'm going to go and get glibc 2.4 and try again.

Funny thing though. I'm using Slackware 11.0 and it uses glibc 2.3.6......slackware 12, however, uses glibc 2.5. So what the hell happened to glibc 2.4??

Um, anyway. Can't hurt to try!

It isn't the same one as is on the Open2x website. It has the same name, different contents. Sorry, it's a bit confusing but it needed to be that way for simplicity when writing installation instructions for the GP2X wiki.

Could someone do me a huge favour please?

Basically - long story short - I've had one mobo failure (main pc gone) and two hdd failures, leaving me with the 2gig win98 hdd.

I've installed devkitGP2X and followed the IDE-less env in the gp2x wiki, downloaded the zombiepox source from my webspace and recompiled using the new makefile and project file structure as mentioned in the wiki.

Needless to say all seems to be going well (for once) - ie no "cannot find -lalleg" from the arm-linux-ld.exe!!

Unfortunately I cannot compile the DUMB project to get the libs as all I'm getting is "cannot find C:windowscommand.com" (yup that's literally how it was written) and I was hoping someone could compile the libs for the gp2x for me and send me them?

website is here:

http://dumb.sourceforge.net/

Thanks very very much!! :)

Much appreciated.

[edit]:

the actual error I'm getting now (from arm-linux-ld.exe) is cannot find crdt1.o (or something like that) but I'm assuming that's something to do with the fact that I haven't got the DUMB libraries.

[edit 2]:
just checked. Its now more likely that not all of the devkitGP2X extracted properly, so will sort that out tonight, when I get home from work, and I'll let you know. Fingers crossed!!

Just a quick update to let you know how things went.

Allegro compiled and I know this as I downloaded another allegro (only) app and changed the makefile settings and compiled it "successfully" - it just shows a black/blank screen, but I think thats the blitter problem:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...6738&st=43#

and I will look into that soon.

I just need to get the soundbox.cpp files linked. They need the DUMB libraries but I cannot compile the source as I keep getting the:

Make: C:windowscommand.com: command not found

error from make. It's because it's looking for comspec and I'm not sure how to set that with windows 98 First Edition - luckily I get paid friday and I'll be spending cash on getting the windows box back and the laptop with some decent hardware.

I'll try and look into the makefile properly to see if I can change it to work with the gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
porting one of the allegro only games gives me (though telnet) this:

set_gfx_mode: Unable to find a suitable graphics device

Which is giving me the black screen. I've looked through the code and changed all the 800x600 to 320x240 and the screen depth is already at 16.

Is there something that I may have missed/overlooked?

Make: C:windowscommand.com: command not found

means your using backslackes instead of forward slashes.

c:\windows\command.com should be c:/windows/command.com OR c:\\windows\\command.com

use double back slashes

if its looking for comspec, its an environment variable that should be in autoexec.bat

set COMSPEC=c:\\windows\\command.com

YAY!!!!! thanks for all your help guy's. I've managed to work out what:
set_gfx_mode: Unable to find a suitable graphics device

was moaning about and got something on screen. Just need to work out the kep mapping bit and I'll be having more than one port for you lot to download!! :)

means your using backslackes instead of forward slashes.

c:\windows\command.com should be c:/windows/command.com OR c:\\windows\\command.com

use double back slashes

if its looking for comspec, its an environment variable that should be in autoexec.bat

set COMSPEC=c:\\windows\\command.com

Yeah, I figured that but didn't know about the double backslash bit. Tried it on 2k but only half worked. However, since I got my main machine back I compiled it through the linux-qemu "box" and it compiled fine!

Back