Speed It Up!

Phawx

Professional Derailer
Couple of questions.

Obviously we can see that starting mass production of the boards is between 2-6 weeks away. Knowing that, the cases should be completely done and shipped off before then. I know I've asked this before, but because plans have changed by speeding up boards certification process, will the cases be delivered to Texas so that the full Pandora will be assembled there? Or are they going to ED and Craig? I don't know if they would even do that for you, but I'm just asking because it would seem if you have a factory full of people assembling Pandora's it could go a bit faster then Craig's Team and ED's Team putting Pandora's together.

Other question is, have you heard anything else about the cases besides that they will start work after the holiday?

(I gave an estimate between 2-6 because, If Mweston gets those nubs sometime this week, he could next day the prototype to ED, ED would receive it next week and schedule the preliminary CE testing, while waiting for his appointment with CE, ED will take some HD Videos. But because he has a friend at the CE place, ED gets in quick and they do a test, everything comes up good and they tell Texas to go full bore.

OR, Mweston doesn't get the nubs until next week and ships it to ED by carrier pigeon and it arrives to ED in one week when he can finally schedule the CE testing. His friend at the CE place is actually the janitor and has as much clout as Goofy's Hat [I couldn't think of anything clever.]. So they make the appointment for ED in 2 weeks and it will take 2 weeks to get the results. Which would get us at the 6 week spot.)

So we are looking at an Early November delivery or a late December Delivery, provided the board passes CE testing, which it should.

There are some forum quotes from ED on Screeny's German blog, talking about assembly:

http://www.pandoratoday.de/auslieferung/wer-baut-die-pandorae-zusammen/

You'll have to use the translate button, and even then it's a bit of an adventure to decipher. If I've got it right, the plan is to have them assembled by the factory, but if the the factory can't allocate resources to do it fast enough, the OP team will take it on themselves rather than wait (and it seems like it can be done pretty quickly). But I don't know if we're talking about the China factory or the Texas factory.

Obviously this only addresses part of your question Phawx, just throwing it in for general info. :)

Gruso said:
There are some forum quotes from ED on Screeny's German blog, talking about assembly:

http://www.pandoratoday.de/auslieferung/wer-baut-die-pandorae-zusammen/

You'll have to use the translate button, and even then it's a bit of an adventure to decipher. If I've got it right, the plan is to have them assembled by the factory, but if the the factory can't allocate resources to do it fast enough, the OP team will take it on themselves rather than wait (and it seems like it can be done pretty quickly). But I don't know if we're talking about the China factory or the Texas factory.

Obviously this only addresses part of your question Phawx, just throwing it in for general info. :)

You're awesome Gruso. Edit: it seems like the guy reference the Texas Factory to do the full assembly.

Might I add that shipping fractions of complete Pandora's to completely different locations (UK, Germany, Edit: Turkey) doesn't sound like the best idea. But I guess it would be better then waiting an extra two weeks before the Texas factory can schedule in the assembly.

Does Texas have all of the parts for the Pandora now? Including the LCDs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I will say it. Where is craigix's role mentioned in this whole thing? He hasn't been around much, and it seems the team might not be communicating between all the members.

senorgomez said:
Alright I will say it. Where is craigix's role mentioned in this whole thing? He hasn't been around much, and it seems the team might not be communicating between all the members.
CONFIRMED: Craig is dead

omfg are you a complete idiot?

Phawx said:
OR, Mweston doesn't get the nubs until next week and ships it to ED by carrier pigeon and it arrives to ED in one week when he can finally schedule the CE testing. His friend at the CE place is actually the janitor and has as much clout as Goofy's Hat [I couldn't think of anything clever.]. So they make the appointment for ED in 2 weeks and it will take 2 weeks to get the results. Which would get us at the 6 week spot.)

? Testing does take a few hours... why would you want to spend two weeks waiting? It's not like going to a doctor and waiting for some blood results, you see the results while testing, and after you did all the tests, you're done.

Last edited:
senorgomez said:
That's a pretty strange post. MWeston takes delivery of the hardware. He's going to send some of that to ED for CE testing. The software devs are doing their thing. The Chinese are visiting their families. Whatever Craig is doing, unless it's coke and hookers, is probably not worth blogging about.

Xian Long said:
Phawx said:
(UK, Germany, Don't know where Fatih is)
turkey

Hey - no need to be like that, he was just saying...oh, Turkey! :doh

Gruso - grwat and helpful reply without the jibber-jabber that many of us commit. Kewl :)

r00tw00t - too late for me to be GETTING fat...

I think it's nice of you guys to be spending more money so they can be shipped earlier. thanks :)

Vorporeal said:
Yeah, it seems to be a recurring theme with the project...
of course nothing could go wrong now right?

......right?

Gruso said:
Whatever Craig is doing, unless it's coke and hookers, is probably not worth blogging about.
brings a whole other meaning to the term "have a coke and a smile"

Gruso said:
Whatever Craig is doing, unless it's coke and hookers, is probably not worth blogging about.
They saw his bath video and they were just lining up to get some of that.

i wish i had some graphics skills, as id love to shop a pandora onto this (i have faith dont worry), it would just be a funny kind of birthday cake :)
the_cake_is_a_lie_portal.jpg

Back