Some quick information regarding preorders

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick note that I'm still alive, but had to take a day off after a long and exhausting week, ending with preorders and the "Lange Nacht der Computerspiele" (an exhibition) which went on until 1am in the night yesterday and I had a 3,5 hour drive home...

I'll start replying all your questions and sorting out any issues from tomorrow on, but it will take a while, since there are quite a few questions.

So please be a bit patient, you won't be forgotten :)

One thing about the Preorder statistic (which is nice :D):
It's not 100% correct - simply for the fact that not all Pre-Preorderers have placed their Preorder yet.
That's not surprising, as they're not in a hurry (their place in the queue is safe).
From what I've seen, only about 50 or so have placed their preorder - so out of the 360 preorders the statistic shows right now, 310 are new ones and 150 pre-preorders are remaining (which means that we got 460 preorders together).

That's quite an impressive number - considering I've not done any advertisement like a nice features video or informed any newssites yet... I wanted to give all long-time followers the chance to preorder first.
I'll concentrate making nice videos which explain all the features within the next week, to increase the interest, and then I'll contact newssites.

Well, what does that mean?
If we want to produce a batch of 1000, we already have most of the money to start it and order the parts!
Only about 100 preorders missing for that.
We COULD also do a first batch of 500, and we already have enough for that :)

And one last info:
All units from the Preorder will have a special First Batch sticker in the battery compartment (similar to the Pandora), all personally signed by myself :)

Great news ed. We have enough pre-orders or will very soon to fund mass production. Iv'e already pre-ordered.
[doublepost=1462151541,1462151233][/doublepost]I think once news sites get wind of the pyra we will easily sell another 500 in a short space of time.

I would love for this to be super successful for you after the Pandora debacle, but I am happy there are enough to produce and I get one

I am sure more preorder with follow once new video are ported / news site pick up the story.
At this point it seems very likely you'll be covered for a batch of 1000 or more.

I am still surprised by the preorder stats:

- Hardly any order for the 2GB version
- The mobile version represents nearly 70% of all order

While it always made sense to me some people would like mobile connectivity, I did not expect the percentage to be that high ! I guess that makes the MOQ for the US/EU mobile chip less of a problem.

I know the Pyra has not been tested with 4GB/new RAM chip. Hopefully this just works.
If the current trend continue, I am wondering if it will make sense producing a 2GB version at all !

I like the color of the grey around PYRA in the preorder banner above. I think it might be a bit too light for the case, but it could be a good option to get feedback with for a conservative color.

Also, we still need more US 4G orders. Maybe ED will feel ok about producing them and find a way to make the money work out.

Edit: I thought I was posting this in the other thread. Maybe we should try to keep this one on topic. Sorry about that.

http://i.rdw.se/preorders.svg
http://stalker.openpandora.org/preorder.json
Yeah, looks like now'd be the time for some advertising.
It's cool that the long-timers had a chance to place their orders first before everyone else got to know about the pre-orders though.

- The mobile version represents nearly 70% of all order

While it always made sense to me some people would like mobile connectivity, I did not expect the percentage to be that high ! I guess that makes the MOQ for the US/EU mobile chip less of a problem.
Mind, that GPS, altometer, hygrometer, barometer and compass are also only available in the 4G version.
I never had a device with GPS and have no smartphone (not going to get one either), so GPS and the possibility to use mobile internet later at some point were enough for me, especcially since I trust a device from ED much more when it comes to actually shutting down those functions (tracking) than any other brand.

Last edited:
I'm a pre pre order and haven't gotten to place my order yet as I'm out of the country and don't want to risk any hassle with potential IP issues etc. I'll probably be going for the 4G model too, just because I hope all the extra sensors will get utilized in it!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Great News, i was a bit pesimistic yesterday because the Counter dit a pretty big jump in the night of sunday, and then it pulld like bublegum, only mybe 100 or so the whole sunday..
but this makes me optimistic again
I would say, whe should wait a bit, mybe wentsday, and if there arend enought preeorders for the 1000, whe should make the 500der Run..

If we want to produce a batch of 1000, we already have most of the money to start it and order the parts!
How long are you planning to let the pre-order phase run before deciding about the batches?

And one last info:
All units from the Preorder will have a special First Batch sticker in the battery compartment (similar to the Pandora), all personally signed by myself :)
Yay, I'm special. :D

I would say, whe should wait a bit, mybe wentsday, and if there arend enought preeorders for the 1000, whe should make the 500der Run..
A 4 day long pre-order phase? Are you serious? :D
I'd expect a few weeks up to months and am gladly surprised that there are already hundreds of pre-orders after 33hours.

The one positive of not waiting is they might be ready sooner. One negative is that there are not currently enough orders for either of the 4G versions, although I don't think the EU model will be a problem if things continue as they are currently.

Ok, but whe also could just make limitet Preeorder Run, and then all further Orders will be in Stock..
This gives Second Batch Orderers enought Time to gather the whole 745 € until Juley..

How does this take into account MOQ for modems?
Keep in mind 70% of the orders depend on it...

all personally signed by myself
So you workplan really includes something like
•14-16pm signing stuff
Just noting how very weird this is...
Also be careful, a carpal tunnel syndrome may reduce you productivity in the future. And then we need a new dragon....

So in best case, you will have to sign about 1000 Pyra..
Thats alot..
So i have a Signed Preepreeorder Prototyph Board and a signet Pyra in 2 Months, thats pretty cool

Back