Some PCBs, holidays, a new case revision and a theme

That is selection bias, the most aggressive cars attract some of the worst drivers.

I think people would be more partial to being less harsh if I changed my avatar for something that doesnt envoke as much feeling.

Of if you changed from a faceless avatar, maybe it would bring out more humanity both ways. Thats not a comment on your person, and

you rub some people the wrong way anyhow, with just about anything, but I think the balance of the theme is struck at a ill-fated balance. Its not a pleasant environment to be in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anything inhuman about a discussion about whether red indicators cause aggression or not, and I haven't seen anyone talking about your avatar except you in this thread (if it's a reference to another thread I apologise).

Personally I don't find the wine red interface invokes feelings of anger or aggression, although perhaps if it were more red as per my wishes it would, who knows? But if it does, I can always switch back to the cooling blue Pandora theme.

That is selection bias, the most aggressive cars attract some of the worst drivers.
But what makes a car agressive as a whole? The interior? Surely not. The exterior? Well, the German car brands are known to be rather conservative about their design, it's a really slow evolutionary process - the i8 is pretty much as experimental as it gets design-wise, and it's pretty much an experimental (and really expensive) car by itself.Marketing and raw power makes up a quite good point, BMW's 3 series used to be the car for the young and uneducated in Germany. It's not like e.g. Audi would differ that much design-wise (or even power-wise), yet they have a lot less risking drivers. Ford probably missed a big chance making the Mustang an US-only car that long, they should have introduced it way earlier with their EcoBoost engines - the Mustang 6 (the first one officially available outside the US) will eventually be too high-tech and expensive to fill that gap.

AHAH! That's why I like it.

/me goes down to the cellar for another bottle
Anyone else enjoining self-made wine right now? :D
Elder berries are a great addition, they are like Nitro to the fermenting process, they generally have a potent colour and taste - and they grow everywhere. Just don't cook the (cold pressed!) juice too hot when neutralizing its poisonous ingredients, it will cause a rather bad taste, just keep it below 100°C. Mead with a little bit elder tastes awesome - and I surely don't have the genes to resist the poisonous effects of raw elder berries ;)

BrDHNOBIMAA6-tY.jpg

Looks jummy

I'm enjoying this new wine red Pyra theme, prefer it to the old Pandora blue one so far.

I posted a comment in the communication thread about it, but perhaps should mention it here for whoever is theming this?

The below style makes all those buttons unreadable on hover, as it's the same red colour as the background button. Is used on the [More Reply Options] button when you post, and throughout the user control panel at least.

.input_submit.alt:hover {

1. color: #992b34;

...That case shot looks very nice indeed.

That logo is going to shine well

I agree to the white to darkish grey change. I like the red theme, but wish it was more red than burgundy.

I think people would be more partial to being less harsh if I changed my avatar for something that doesnt envoke as much feeling.

Of if you changed from a faceless avatar, maybe it would bring out more humanity both ways. Thats not a comment on your person, and

you rub some people the wrong way anyhow, with just about anything, but I think the balance of the theme is struck at a ill-fated balance. Its not a pleasant environment to be in.
Your avatar doesn't evoke any feelings in me which aren't associated to what you've recently written and what my impression of you is. It seems pretty normal/harmless/calm/even boring to me.

Your avatar doesn't evoke any feelings in me which aren't associated to what you've recently written and what my impression of you is. It seems pretty normal/harmless/calm/even boring to me.
How does mine make you feel?  I lost the source image late last year so I'm forever holiday themed.

How does mine make you feel?  I lost the source image late last year so I'm forever holiday themed.
My brain is pretty much ignoring the snow flakes. I'm associating your name with some man from a book. Don't remember whether that man had exactly the same name, and none of the specifics. He was a hermit with some strange habits, that's pretty much all I remember. Maybe, if I don't mix stuff up, he was the mentor of some more important character at a point before the time of the book.That probably influenced that I take your avatar to be some kind of shelled sea animal, which sits somewhere on the floor of the sea, calm, not with a lot of company, but happy like that.

(that's more a comparison to my actual feelings than the feelings themselves, they are harder to express and much less specific)

hoffentlich kriegt ihr es bis Ende Jahr hin,  ich freue mich schon auf die ersten Prototypen zur Weihnacht

Regarding the theme, is it just me or are the "Prev" and "Next" buttons kinda pinkish?

My brain is pretty much ignoring the snow flakes. I'm associating your name with some man from a book. Don't remember whether that man had exactly the same name, and none of the specifics. He was a hermit with some strange habits, that's pretty much all I remember. Maybe, if I don't mix stuff up, he was the mentor of some more important character at a point before the time of the book.
That probably influenced that I take your avatar to be some kind of shelled sea animal, which sits somewhere on the floor of the sea, calm, not with a lot of company, but happy like that.

(that's more a comparison to my actual feelings than the feelings themselves, they are harder to express and much less specific)
I thought Tenka's pic was a dog nose.  Do you know the name of the book you are talking about?  I might want to read it.

Me too, thought it was one of those Andrex Labrador puppies 

Oh goody avatar debates.. How does mine make you lot feel :D

Back