Some PCBs, holidays, a new case revision and a theme

On the LEDs color. They are probably SMD, so good luck soldering those (not impossible but few people have equiptment and skill to do it).

Second the white LEDs probably use a tad more power than red ones, but it will probably not add any real batterylife to the Pyra because other parts use way more power.

The LEDs price is already in cents so it will not make the Pyra much cheaper.

Putting the color in the keymat makes more sence for me. There might only be one keymat but if not the white LEDs will be fine.

But I can understand people wanting to have multicolor ones, but RGB LEDs use extra hardware. I think ED already had a good reason not to use RGB LEDs.

Testing the loading screen can probably done manually, I'm on a phone so no html view on this (or spellcheck). Firefox/chrome can probably show the screen by activating that div.

Second the white LEDs probably use a tad more power than red ones, but it will probably not add any real batterylife to the Pyra because other parts use way more power.
I would not count on that, there is at least one user, that deactivated Pandoras Power-LED in order to squeeze out some more minutes.

Exciting, indeed!

One day EvilDragon will have to write a book: HOWTO efficiently produce a quality device from scratch :)
But it's not from scratch. A lot of experience and most of the case design came from the Pandora :)
And how to squeeze things into limited space comes from the GTA04 project :) So we might have to write it together. But this also assumes that it can be learned by reading a book...

Exciting, indeed!

One day EvilDragon will have to write a book: HOWTO efficiently produce a quality device from scratch :)
But it's not from scratch. A lot of experience and most of the case design came from the Pandora :)
And how to squeeze things into limited space comes from the GTA04 project :) So we might have to write it together. But this also assumes that it can be learned by reading a book...
True :)

I would not count on that, there is at least one user, that deactivated Pandoras Power-LED in order to squeeze out some more minutes.
But I think you can already disable the LED anyway, so the only difference would be between the LED activated and the power you would save from using a white/red LED.

And the people trying to squeeze out the maximum out of the battery would also start by tweaking the big power drainers, like LCD/CPU etc.

Exciting, indeed!

True :)
The introduction should be written by Craig ;)

The red of the new theme puts me "on edge",

I guess I'd prefer cooler colors for the theme.

I'd limit the red to the logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit,  I changed back to the Pandora theme pretty quickly...  the red theme really doesn't work for me. *shrugs*

- Neelix

I like the Pyra theme.  There is so little red I keep forgetting I changed it.  Now if only we could get rid of all this white my eyes would be happy.

I like the Pyra theme.  There is so little red I keep forgetting I changed it.  Now if only we could get rid of all this white my eyes would be happy.
I think making a white-to-gray version would help put less pressure on the eyes. 

-Glyph Reader

I've stuck with the Pyra theme so far, and am happy now with the slightly-more-orangey new content you've posted in icon. Still a little too much blue about for my tastes though (e.g. the buttons below every post, and the box around each post).

Red is agressive, there are more 'accidents' in bmws because of agressive visual elements. In volvos the instrument cluster has green light.

I think to go with the theme, the red should be used more sparingly, with more yellow and orange. Like my avatar come to think of it.

inb4, -but we dont like your avatar ;)

Red is agressive, there are more 'accidents' in bmws because of agressive visual elements.
Don't you think this might be more related to the availability of big engines and the typical mentality of drivers who actually crave them? I've seen BMW drivers pushing from behind and trying to overtake on the right at 200 km/h - a little bit extreme to argue with the design of the interior. (I don't know about modern Volvos, but travelling at 200 km/h is pretty comfortable in a BMW, even if it's already over 10 years old - you hardly notice the high speed)

Back