Some more of my ideas

Definitely different colour case then this silver one. I think it makes it look cheap.

I'd like to see a much better keyboard. Back lighting definitely takes the back seat over usability. The thread about keyboards pretty much covers it so no need to rehash.

Neither are deal breakers though, I'm in anyways.

I also hope we'll have a micro-kernel when charging, too.
Some modern charge chips are smart enough to handle dynamic loads and can therefore charge without a CPU present. The TWL was chosen because of the wealth of features it included, and I'm hoping ED finds another one that has a similar feature set and also this dynamic load support.

I think make the device as sexy as possible.

That will give it a mass market appeal.  You want people to look at it and go wow whats that.  The looks I get when I use my Pandora on the train is more like "eh what the F*^k is that?"
Agreed.

Can the case please be blue?

Photo 21.01.2013 19 44 08.jpg

No, MWeston does not design the pcb this time.
Do we know that for sure? do you have any official info on that?

Personally I'm hoping the audio quality will be comparable to the Pandora.

Holy Shit!
Very good news.

I can't complaining. Everything sounds interessting.

I just have a little request. What if the case will be white? No real colour.

This is rather exciting, I am curious how it will look.

Will we get rid of one of the many USB-ports? I do not think, we need all of them and they may take valuable space on the board too.

And the expected question:

Does it come in black? :D

-1 for Android because of spys

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one would like both the full-size port and OTG, or at least have both USB A and USB B (any size) to keep it an option to connect pandora as either host or gadget. AFAIK you can't even charge through non-gadget mode port. USB OTG works as both, while the full size USB A only works as host.

This is rather exciting, I am curious how it will look.

Will we get rid of one of the many USB-ports? I do not think, we need all of them and they may take valuable space on the board too.

And the expected question:

Does it come in black? :D

-1 for Android because of spys
so long as we use a custom rom (replicant or cyanogenmod) this wont be a problem

Actually, what would be great is have the P2 be an officially supported device!

Question, will this be dualboot or are you guys thinking about another PND or something else?

And so it begins, I'm exited. :) Some notes of me:

Replaceable battery: Yep. I want to keep the exact same battery for various reasons.:

• It will ensure that batteries for the Pandora will be available for a longer period of time.
  • We know it works properly (less risk)
  • Whoever owns the successor AND the Pandora can the batteries for both devices.
  • The battery compartment will be changed though, so that the battery will fit much better
I actualy expected this because it's much cheaper to use the current batteries and also keep compatibility to the old Pandoras. However, I HOPED for a better designed battery that does not been held through a not so great battery lid and where the contacts are not pressed with the lid itself. Better use side-mounted contacts (so lid doesn't matter for pressure) or even better: Battery hull is plastic and acts as backside part of the case itself. MAYBE this can be built with still the old battery design in (with only the core parts of the battery, no wrapping etc...)Overall, better fitting is needed indeed.

Nubs: Completely new ones. We already have some samples that are working so much better (best nubs I've ever seen).
Yes, new nubs need to be better, stay calibrated and could need more travel distance than the old ones.
LCD-Cable: While the current ones are good, they still fail too often in my opinion. With MIPI displays, we don't need LCD Cables anymore.
Finaly! :)
Case: The case will be completely designed and produced by one company in Europe. This will ensure a higher quality.
All hail to modern and affordable 3D Printers. I'm sure our community will have some nice designs and ideas ready. ^^ Personal Idea and "pro-tip": Before even prototyping, buy some kids/sculpture clay stuff and make a case that fits to your hands perfectly ;)
Keyboard: Slightly improved layout, better feel, probably backlight
+1 Backlight, this time planed from the beginning to avoid iCP2 disaster. Keys also could be have less resistance (maybe different keymats for game controls and keyboard? )
Wireless: Improved Wifi, but maybe also optional 3G/4G would be neat.
better WiFi is a must. My CC unit WiFi is basicly almost unusable
Speakers: We already have samples of much better speakers. :)
Nice, the old ones had basicly no bass at all.
SoC: A more recent one, of course. And yes... we have the confirmation for one now, but I won't tell you :)
WHICH ONE??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The actual USB config is neat. Big and small.

Maybe two big stacked ? 1A max mmm..

I miss an ethernet port, but i connect an usb adapter instead.

As long as it doesn't cause trouble and doesn't suck the battery..., backlight is cool.

So is Michael Weston on it ?

What I'd like to see is something that keeps the Device alive without battery for some seconds.

If I have to swap battery the Device should go into extreme low power mode for some seconds until I can put a new battery inside.

IT BEGINS!!!!

Can't wait, sounds like all of the upgrades that a body could wish for in a P2.

I'm not entirely certain "two" counts as many, and both serve different purposes so I don't see how either could be removed without taking a major hit on feature availability.

I forgot to suggest to make the Pandora TV out cable (EXT PORT) compatible also for the Successor, I don't want to buy another cable again now that I FINALY recieved my Pandora TV out cable after a gazillion years. ^^

Back