[SOLVED]My Pandora Dream Has Come To An End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugar_Kane said:
Are you going to nail the bastard to the wall? I would definitely prosecute
Without proof... what can I do... I've advised my boss to keep an eagle eye on him and I think things will progress from there. Everyone "knows" it was him... but yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox said:
Sugar_Kane said:
Without proof... what can I do... I've advised my boss to keep an eagle eye on him and I think things will progress from there. Everyone "knows" it was him... but yeah.

How about that cctv you've mentioned if it shows him clearly taking it from your bag, and he returning it to the police that should be enough evidence right?

That is simply great news! Both on the retrieval, and also on the stunning generosity of the community.

I had a Psion 5 stolen from my desk at work which turned up in the cleaner's room minus its 64mb CF card. Police were called, CCTV checked, no action taken :( . This was in the days when 64MB CF cost over £150!

I am so pleased you got it back, I really am. FWIW, I'd forget trying to make this guy's life difficult: your boss and colleagues will do enough of that in the way they interact with him on a day to day basis...

Well of course he didn't mean to steal it, it dragged itself across the floor with it's own two nubs and climbed into his bag. Upon seeing it there when he arrived back at his one room flat, encrusted with voyeuristic photographs of you doing various activities (yes, especially the one that you thought no one saw, you filthy beast), he naturally proceeded to try his best to crack through the password protection to activate the internal emergency primary user teleportation chip, to have it safely reappear in your hands.

The fact that makes his guilt most obvious to me was that he handed it to the police rather than directly to you. To have concocted the bag story in the first place he was admitting that it belonged to somebody at the restaurant. Why not come in the next day and hold it up saying 'Does this belong to someone here?'

Bosbeetle said:
PokeParadox said:
Sugar_Kane said:

How about that cctv you've mentioned if it shows him clearly taking it from your bag, and he returning it to the police that should be enough evidence right?
Well the CCTV is only good IF it actually manages to catch something in the recording, I doubt it has.
I wish the Police station had more communication, they should have had the guy talking to the police officer dealing with my case...

I'd post his name and ask him to sue you if you're lying. I'd love to see him tell his amazing story in court. The Judge would enjoy that bullshit.

craigix said:
I'd post his name and ask him to sue you if you're lying. I'd love to see him tell his amazing story in court. The Judge would enjoy that bullshit.
While a fun idea, I'm sure the one will have his punishment anyway : Is there a worst situation than having no trust at all from your peers ?

craigix said:
That might backfire quite heavily. Not to mention the real name would be better.

I'm surprised that the police let someone walk off after they turn up with stolen goods, declaring "no idea how that got in my bag guv", if it were an honest mistake - return it to you - if your response to finding something in your bag, which has only been at work, is to try an anonymously return it to the police - you obviously stole it.

Your boss should fire him on the spot - if he's light-fingered with your stuff, what's to stop him doing the same with the till, or the stock.

If you posted a note offering amnesty if he returned it, you can't just turn around and prosecute him when he does.
I'm not saying he's not a jerk, but he could have just dropped it in a river or something.
He'd be totally safe and you'd never be able to get it back.

mali said:
craigix said:
That might backfire quite heavily. Not mentioning the real name would be better.

How would it backfire exactly? The court would look upon the story exactly as we have - but it would never get to court because the little shit would know he would be humiliated.

Don't back away from showing thieves exactly who and what they are. It's that attitude which let's them continue with their activities. Expose them.

craigix said:
mali said:
craigix said:
That might backfire quite heavily. Not mentioning the real name would be better.
How would it backfire exactly? The court would look upon the story exactly as we have - but it would never get to court because the little shit would know he would be humiliated.

Don't back away from showing thieves exactly who and what they are. It's that attitude which let's them continue with their activities. Expose them.
Because, as Anihumer mentions, a note was posted basically saying "return it and we'll forget about the whole thing."
It was returned, but hasn't been forgotten yet. A good lawyer wouldn't even try to get the story of how it accidentally got into the bag, simply point out the letter of amnesty that is not currently being honoured.

Aninhumer said:
If you posted a note offering amnesty if he returned it, you can't just turn around and prosecute him when he does.
I'm not saying he's not a jerk, but he could have just dropped it in a river or something.
He'd be totally safe and you'd never be able to get it back.
I do see your point, but I never wrote that note, my boss did... and well his story is so wishy washy...
My Pand has obviously had someone trying to use it.
I'm just glad I've got it back to be fair.

Freaking awesome, man! Even got your SD cards back! Hopefully data intact!

Between the awesome people here buying you another one and donating and sharing your pain, and you ending up getting yours back, the only thing the thief seems to have really accomplished is to both increase your appreciation for the Pandora, and increase all of our appreciation for it's community.

So, in a way, thank you, thief!
At the least for simply being too stupid to reflash the NAND.

- trix

trix said:
So, in a way, thank you, thief!
At the least for simply being too stupid to reflash the NAND.

- trix
Well don't give him any tips for next time...Geez! :D

Gruso: hilarious post. :)

PokeParadox: I'm really glad you got it back. Some people need to be shot and pissed on and in no particular order. ;)

WizardStan said:
Because, as Anihumer mentions, a note was posted basically saying "return it and we'll forget about the whole thing."
It was returned, but hasn't been forgotten yet. A good lawyer wouldn't even try to get the story of how it accidentally got into the bag, simply point out the letter of amnesty that is not currently being honoured.

You can't change the law by putting a sign on the wall.

craigix said:
WizardStan said:

You can't change the law by putting a sign on the wall.

Walls, books, its all the same! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back