[SOLVED]My Pandora Dream Has Come To An End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix said:
Yes Ryan Benford is an innocent man, and I hope he takes this post in the way it was intended.

Right up the wazoo

Last edited by a moderator:
Well congratulations :D
Now when is somebody going to buy me a Pandora B) It's a recession! LOL.

I'm just glad you got yours back. Maybe you should make a little electric fence or something?

I think he's learned his lesson at this point. If he wanted to be a real dick, he wouldn't have returned it. By returning it in working order, he has as such asked for forgiveness, minus the humiliation. He's probably hoping for good karma.

But since the cops and your boss were officially involved, I'm sure your boss will be notified of the perp, as due process usually involves. Regardless about "forgetting about the whole thing", the perp must have the feeling he's skating on thin ice. If he has a conscience, he'll probably leave the job soon and be unemployed for a while, which could lead to financial stress.

I think his punishment will come natually.

craigix said:
You can't change the law by putting a sign on the wall.
It doesn't. In North America, you aren't actually charged with theft until the person you've stolen from decides to press charges. The thief returned the Pandora in Good Faith only because he believed charges wouldn't be laid against him, and if charges aren't actually laid against him, he isn't legally a thief.
I don't make the rules, I just shudder at the ramifications of some of them. This whole "victim must press charges" applies in other situations as well. My dad is friends with some cops, and I've heard quite a few stories, mostly revolving around domestic disturbances.

Fantastic ending. I think all Pandora's have soul's and they want to return to there owners :D

You should make a game about this.

sverm said:
I think he's learned his lesson at this point. If he wanted to be a real dick, he wouldn't have returned it. By returning it in working order, he has as such asked for forgiveness, minus the humiliation. He's probably hoping for good karma.

But since the cops and your boss were officially involved, I'm sure your boss will be notified of the perp, as due process usually involves. Regardless about "forgetting about the whole thing", the perp must have the feeling he's skating on thin ice. If he has a conscience, he'll probably leave the job soon and be unemployed for a while, which could lead to financial stress.

Yeah I reckon this is the natural process of things now.

And lol at the name dropping, Gruso you are legend. And really thanks again guys! Right... now back to some coding... I have had a surge of motivation for some reason ;)

PS: Note to anyone else... Don't play Mario64 on your Pandora on your break... it causes symptoms of "sticky fingers" in other people.

Now I want you all to go to bed tonight with the image of Ryan Benford rifling through your underpants drawers, thumbing the crotches and twanging the elastic, while you are at work

sverm said:

Or unnaturally when we all search for Ryan Benford on Facebook, hunt him down and kick him in the plums. Just sayin'.

MWeston said:
trix said:
So, in a way, thank you, thief!
At the least for simply being too stupid to reflash the NAND.

- trix
Well don't give him any tips for next time...Geez! :D
LOL. He couldn't even figure out how to charge the battery. Maybe next time he will remember to steal the power cord!

Congratulations on a happy end! So why isn't your boss just firing the thieving git? Not sure how much you got from other people, but is there any chance the donations you got can go to something more community oriented somehow? I'd rather see mine go towards something like that than to give Paypal another processing fee chunk.

Nova said:
Or unnaturally when we all search for Ryan Benford on Facebook, hunt him down and kick him in the plums. Just sayin'.
There's more than one Ryan Bedford on the internet it seems. Wrong name aside, you might be tracking the wrong person.

Eniko said:
Congratulations on a happy end! So why isn't your boss just firing the thieving git? Not sure how much you got from other people, but is there any chance the donations you got can go to something more community oriented somehow? I'd rather see mine go towards something like that than to give Paypal another processing fee chunk.

+1

put them towards the upcoming smash hit video game: "Ryan Bedford's Bloodly End" that your working on. :D

Eniko said:
Well I don't know what my boss's plans are but I'm sure he has one.

Regarding your donation... I can either hang onto it, refund it back(haven't withdrawn any Paypal fund yet) or put it in the dev fund... or put it towards a prize for any competitions that are being arranged. I have no issue with any of these things, the donation was donated to replace stolen SD cards which are now safely back in my possession.

put them towards the upcoming smash hit video game: "Ryan Bedford's Bloodly End" that your working on
Jokes aside... maybe some game where you have to stop your Pandora being stolen could be fun and or funny...

I'm glad you have it back! And with the SD cards and everything, great! I was hoping something like this would happen in the end. But still, now all Pandora owners are going to be very careful with their Pandoras.

mvickers03 said:
You should make a game about this.
Yes! A game about this could be very good. Especially if you have to hunt down the guy who stole it and get it back, instead of just having the police call you and say that they have it now.

Keep the donations and make that Pandora-gets-stolen/beat-up-the-thief game. ^^

Edited out. Decided this post was too off topic.

So... uhhh... Ryan Bedford.

- trix

Woah, a sad story with a neat ending, but still makes me want to kick this guy in the balls! Which pub/club/bar do you work in Poke? Might just have to buy you a drink for all your devotion over the years. *Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge* :D

PokeParadox said:
put them towards the upcoming smash hit video game: "Ryan Bedford's Bloodly End" that your working on
Jokes aside... maybe some game where you have to stop your Pandora being stolen could be fun and or funny...

Yes! I'd love for my donation to go towards a new game like that but, really, no pressure. You deserve it for all the other work you've done.

I like Ratfinks idea of hunting down the perp in said game. A point and click mystery game could be fun or just a good old platformer would also suffice. Whatever direction you go, I just think its awesome that you are thinking of making a game out of this. Make sure you use his name profusely in the game though :p

So happy to hear this story has a happy ending!

I love the idea of a game adaptation of this drama. Seriously, it has everything you need for it. You can name the villian Bryan Redford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back