So, What Do You To Kill Time While It Boots?

I also forget I booted it, but it doesn't run out of battery because it's permanently on PSU until I finish Mario Kart DS. When I do get round to noticing that it's booted, I forget what I was going to use it for.

If it's not running on PSU, I spin round in my chair. It's what I do when I wait for my PC to boot. You can see the obvious implications of spinning in a chair holding a GP2X with a PSU lead sticking out the side.

i usually try and do something else, but by the time im about to get into doing that, its already finished booting or has frozen. ._.

*looks at gp2x* bad gp2x!! boot faster, damn you!

i'm usually looking at gp32x.de or browsing through my gp2x installs, suddenly realising which latest updates I've forgotten to put on the SD card. doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that's not the bet reputation you want following you around.

I just realised the irony in me clicking fast reply to reply to this thread

I sit and stare at a black, and then green screen.

It's kinda scary sometimes, because it sometimes freezes on the green screen, and once or twice on the black screen, but it never bricked (I'm jinxing myself probably).

I'd love it if it booted faster, and maybe when it gets fast enough we can have a startup sound/jingle. :)

If it's not running on PSU, I spin round in my chair. It's what I do when I wait for my PC to boot. You can see the obvious implications of spinning in a chair holding a GP2X with a PSU lead sticking out the side.

...and... snap! psu-socket wrenched out of gp2x.

swears

drops gp2x to reach for cable

crunch! spinning chair slides across floor and crushes gp2x

leans over to rescue the injured gp2x

crash! chair falls over and topples into PC, inadvertantly hitting the 'eject' button on the cd-drive which was burning a disc and had reached 98% complete.

cd-tray ejects, knocking over foolishly placed mug of coffee.

swears

crash! chair falls over and topples into PC, inadvertantly hitting the 'eject' button on the cd-drive which was burning a disc and had reached 98% complete.

Which drips through the floorboards into the electric cupboard downstairs and blows all the fuses, Sending the entire house into complete darkness. Which in-turn causes the gas boilers pilot to cut-out, Leaving it spewing gas into the air. while you search frantically with a flashlight trying to find the cause of the black-out, The light from the flashlight inadvertently ignites the escaping gas and blows your house off the face of the earth, Taking your entire neighbourhood with it. :D

Trooper

Sometimes, I do something else, and I forget about it.

Sometimes, when I am putting something new on my SD card, I start up the GP2X and let it load while the files are copying.

Other times, I set a timer for 30 seconds so I will know when it is ready (whose GP2X is booting in 20 seconds?)

swears

Which drips through the floorboards into the electric cupboard downstairs and blows all the fuses, Sending the entire house into complete darkness. Which in-turn causes the gas boilers pilot to cut-out, Leaving it spewing gas into the air. while you search frantically with a flashlight trying to find the cause of the black-out, The light from the flashlight inadvertently ignites the escaping gas and blows your house off the face of the earth, Taking your entire neighbourhood with it. :D
And then you break a nail

What is with all you people with an attention span of less than 20 seconds ? How can you forget you switched it on in that amount of time ?

Back