So, What Do You To Kill Time While It Boots?

If at home, I refill my drink, but if I'm in the car or on the bus, if it dont load fast I just restart it until it loads up within 10 seconds

If it's not running on PSU, I spin round in my chair. It's what I do when I wait for my PC to boot. You can see the obvious implications of spinning in a chair holding a GP2X with a PSU lead sticking out the side.

...and... snap! psu-socket wrenched out of gp2x.

swears

drops gp2x to reach for cable

crunch! spinning chair slides across floor and crushes gp2x

leans over to rescue the injured gp2x

crash! chair falls over and topples into PC, inadvertantly hitting the 'eject' button on the cd-drive which was burning a disc and had reached 98% complete.

cd-tray ejects, knocking over foolishly placed mug of coffee.

Which drips through the floorboards into the electric cupboard downstairs and blows all the fuses, Sending the entire house into complete darkness. Which in-turn causes the gas boilers pilot to cut-out, Leaving it spewing gas into the air. while you search frantically with a flashlight trying to find the cause of the black-out, The light from the flashlight inadvertently ignites the escaping gas and blows your house off the face of the earth, Taking your entire neighbourhood with it. :D
And then you break a nail

ROTFLMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not running on PSU, I spin round in my chair. It's what I do when I wait for my PC to boot. You can see the obvious implications of spinning in a chair holding a GP2X with a PSU lead sticking out the side.

...and... snap! psu-socket wrenched out of gp2x.

swears

drops gp2x to reach for cable

crunch! spinning chair slides across floor and crushes gp2x

leans over to rescue the injured gp2x

crash! chair falls over and topples into PC, inadvertantly hitting the 'eject' button on the cd-drive which was burning a disc and had reached 98% complete.

cd-tray ejects, knocking over foolishly placed mug of coffee.

Which drips through the floorboards into the electric cupboard downstairs and blows all the fuses, Sending the entire house into complete darkness. Which in-turn causes the gas boilers pilot to cut-out, Leaving it spewing gas into the air. while you search frantically with a flashlight trying to find the cause of the black-out, The light from the flashlight inadvertently ignites the escaping gas and blows your house off the face of the earth, Taking your entire neighbourhood with it. :D
And then you break a nail
Which then drops into your stash of thermonuclear weapons, detonating them all simultaneously.

Well, actually I was thinking more along the lines of me getting tangled up in PSU cables and unable to move for a minute or so. But that works too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm sat down, I have a quick read of a magazine, checking every 3 seconds and thinking "Boot ye bastard".

If I'm getting ready for bed, I just let it boot while I get on with it.

Back