Some Easy Improovement

newmark

Still Fresh
Ok, i'm enjoing a lot with my gp2x.
All works (not well, but it's early). But we can have some easy and fast improovement from GPH? (cause we don't still have code to fix :)

First, i think that the video player is mplayer, why don't accept .mpg .mov with .avi files? mplayer can play those.

Second, some OS escape sequence (something like x+y+start ) to kill the running application (failing roms, corrupted videos and more) and back to the main menu.

Third, some configuration more (like nand choose hided, because i have an SD and on nand i will never write anything.) so we can jump directly on the fs explorer.

Some request for the developer, please permit to put the gpe files anywhere (or in some place better than / /usr/games? /usr/programs? /games? not root please). (snes emu can be placed on different place now but NeoCD don't)

A request to someone that know well gp2x.
Is the fbdev hardware accelerated? It's better to write on the FB or use SDL screen?
Is there a way to take a look to some debug different from write on a file? (RS232 on the Ext port? console?)
Is there an acpi support in our future? will it be possible to go in suspend? (to reduce boot startup and continue to listen/view/play without saving and leave the batteries go out of power :)

it's enough for now :)

About media players: How much work would it be to do a quick port of Beta Player / TCPMP to the GP2X? Would be really useful...

About media players: How much work would it be to do a quick port of Beta Player / TCPMP to the GP2X? Would be really useful...

It wouldn't be that much work, but it would be quite slow, as neither would use the acceleration of the 2x without much work.

Last edited by a moderator:
any information on acpi support of the chip?
it's really important for me :)

Back