So How Much Is It Gonna Cost Nao?

idjit626

Like $500? :huh:

Also why does it need a keyboard if it has a USB port? ;)

Also what kind of battery does it have?

Also can I have a cookie?

Also this is the last thing I am saying in this post. :unsure:

Viking said:

Price: 199 GBP(incl. VAT) (approx. $320 (excl. VAT), 286 euros (incl. VAT)

Viking said:
It's not just a gaming handheld, you can write documents, surf the internet, etc, etc.. on the go (a separate keyboard in the bus/train wouldn't be very convenient right?).. This is also useful for the commodore/dos/etc emulators.

Viking said:
Check the link at the wiki I posted earlier

Viking said:
Sure!

Viking said:
Good.

Last edited by a moderator:
They cannot affort to lower price - they are not Sony :), they are "feed the craig" project. After you register your pandora - you will also need to pay 10% of your family income...
Do not be a sheep... (buy another gp2x) :D nyaa!

quasist said:
They cannot affort to lower price - they are not Sony :), they are "feed the craig" project. After you register your pandora - you will also need to pay 10% of your family income...
Do not be a sheep... (buy another gp2x) :D nyaa!

I do not even have one GP2X. :unsure:

Viking said:

Now why would you make a topic like this? With our new publicity more people are going to view this site and think you actually know something.

The price hasn't changed and is not expected to. The only variation that can occur is locking in a US/CDN price that reflects a reasonable state of the dollar during 2008.

MWeston said:
The only variation that can occur is locking in a US/CDN price that reflects a reasonable state of the dollar during 2008.
Good luck on that ;-)

MWeston said:
The price hasn't changed and is not expected to. The only variation that can occur is locking in a US/CDN price that reflects a reasonable state of the dollar during 2008.
:'( Stupid weak dollar.

Noremakk said:
500$?! I'm going to stick with my GP2X *huggles little white brick*
Great, as if people didn't need another fake reason to avoid Pandora. Someone should edit the original post with a disclaimer.

Viking said:

1) in USD by the time it ships the way our economy is sliding, probably but that's only to yanks.

2) the keyboard's unsightly bulge in my trousers detracts from the attractive bulge already there.

3) Lithium Ion built in.

4) no

5) I'm sold and can't wait.

Sphinxter said:
1) in USD by the time it ships the way our economy is sliding, probably but that's only to yanks.
USD relative to GBP has been relatively stable for months. I think what everyone has been claiming about the dollar continually weakening has been quite exaggerated.

Actually the dollar has made a pretty decent recovery in the last few days, from 2.10 to 1.97ish. Bet that made some currency traders a lot of money.

craigix said:
Actually the dollar has made a pretty decent recovery in the last few days, from 2.10 to 1.97ish. Bet that made some currency traders a lot of money.
I have been looking at it and it seems to have hovered around the 2.0 ratio, it varies around a bit sometimes but on average I'm sure you'll see that it has been about that.

Exophase said:
Sphinxter said:
USD relative to GBP has been relatively stable for months. I think what everyone has been claiming about the dollar continually weakening has been quite exaggerated.

I couldn't find a good, up-to-date chart for $ vs £, but I did find one for € vs $. Click on the 5-year graph and you'll see what people are talking about.

Sorry to drive the thread even farther from it's original (absurd) topic, but the unfortunate fact is that the US$ is not in great shape compared to other currencies. A year from now, with a new guy (or gal) in charge, we may start to see a change for the better.

Oh yes, the dollar has dropped in value in a spectacular way over the last 5 years, when I started importing things I remember at one point it being 1.32$/1UKP - a few weeks ago it had dropped to 2.10, that is a huge huge drop.

However I expect it to recover to around 1.98 for a while then probably drop again to hover at 2.05 for a while, then let's see what happens with the US elections...

craigix said:
Oh yes, the dollar has dropped in value in a spectacular way over the last 5 years, when I started importing things I remember at one point it being 1.32$/1UKP - a few weeks ago it had dropped to 2.10, that is a huge huge drop.

However I expect it to recover to around 1.98 for a while then probably drop again to hover at 2.05 for a while, then let's see what happens with the US elections...
GOD HAS SPOKEN. :ph34r:

Chip said:
Exophase said:
Sphinxter said:

I couldn't find a good, up-to-date chart for $ vs £, but I did find one for € vs $. Click on the 5-year graph and you'll see what people are talking about.

Sorry to drive the thread even farther from it's original (absurd) topic, but the unfortunate fact is that the US$ is not in great shape compared to other currencies. A year from now, with a new guy (or gal) in charge, we may start to see a change for the better.

Euro has climbed compared to GBP as well. Like craigix said, it looks like USD was weakest in November, but has since been getting stronger, as opposed to a continued trend of getting weaker and weaker, which is what everyone keeps saying.

MWeston said:
Believe it or not, this is actually informative, since the last time a price was quoted by either yourself or Craigix that I remember was back at the point where Ti had just offered the OMAP3430 - £200 was predicted, including VAT.

However, since then, there's been a LOT of development - and a lot of time for extra costs to crop up (e.g. discovering that you need a part that you couldn't predict needing in at the pre-development stage).

So to know that the price per unit is still stable at the original quote is very useful - and speaks a great deal about the robustness of the development process that will yield Pandora.

Back