So close... then fail.

EricaHart

Still Fresh
I've been drooling over the Pandora pics, videos and info for almost a year. I haven't had spare money in some time, but I somehow got about $1,000 (USD) from my income tax refund... so I decided to get something fun... I debated on a few things but decided on the Pandora, and last night I found the page where you can pay more to get the Pandora much sooner. So I quickly entered my info, placed the order... and then I get an email saying it declined. wtf? I have more than enough in the bank if in fact it equals about $500 USD plus shipping. The google checkout thing sas it may be because of fraud detection... I'm betting that IS why it was declined since it is a decent chunk of money, and being charged to another country. Now tomorrow I gotta hunt down a reason for this failure. Grrr I want it NAO! :D

I've been drooling over the Pandora pics, videos and info for almost a year. I haven't had spare money in some time, but I somehow got about $1,000 (USD) from my income tax refund... so I decided to get something fun... I debated on a few things but decided on the Pandora, and last night I found the page where you can pay more to get the Pandora much sooner. So I quickly entered my info, placed the order... and then I get an email saying it declined. wtf? I have more than enough in the bank if in fact it equals about $500 USD plus shipping. The google checkout thing sas it may be because of fraud detection... I'm betting that IS why it was declined since it is a decent chunk of money, and being charged to another country. Now tomorrow I gotta hunt down a reason for this failure. Grrr I want it NAO! :D
Interesting. There were some issues with people using Google Checkout a while ago, but I thought that they were resolved. I'd suggesting emailing the shop, and just ordering it that way.

I had no problem using google check out. You shoould email open pandora and try to using s different method like paypal.

Cheers

It's most likely your bank preventing the purchase.. my bank stops my transactions every once and a while when I make a un-typical purchase (large purchase).. they usually call me up and confirm I wanted the purchase to go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
what country are you buying from? weve heard reports of people from russia having trouble with google checkout and their bank, best bet is to go to your bank and sort it out

It's most likely your bank preventing the purchase.. my bank stops my transactions every once and a while when I make a un-typical purchase (large purchase).. they usually call me up and confirm I wanted the purchase to go through.
This is almost certainly the issue (although I wouldn't have expected it from Google Checkout). I tried paying with a credit card right after pre-orders opened in 2008, and I was also unable to order (I put it down to server load (and/or the odd Protx system) at the time, and ordered via Paypal, but we all know how that turned out, and when I re-ordered the first time I had to call the credit-card company; they had blocked the transaction.

This is almost certainly the issue (although I wouldn't have expected it from Google Checkout). I tried paying with a credit card right after pre-orders opened in 2008, and I was also unable to order (I put it down to server load (and/or the odd Protx system) at the time, and ordered via Paypal, but we all know how that turned out, and when I re-ordered the first time I had to call the credit-card company; they had blocked the transaction.

My bank called me to query the transaction a few days after I put through my recent Premium Pandora purchase, I confirmed it as valid and that was that. On Friday, shortly after receiving my shipping email from Jacquelyn, Google also sent a shipping email that stated "Your credit card has been successfully charged for this order." Now I'm just waiting for the promised email from UPS with my tracking number. :) Since it didn't show up that afternoon I suspect I'll have to wait for it to be Monday morning in the UK for that.

Back