So How Many Gigs Of Memory You Geting?

I have a 16 GB card and a 8 GB card just lying around. I figure I'll use those until I get some more money.

I'll see if I can get two 32 gig cards, I don't mind paying another £100 or so ontop of the Pandora. I'll only end up upgrading later anyway.

Do any of these online shops ship to the UK?

Two 16GB, here, unless the 32GB cards drop to a reasonable price. If I can buy the equivelent amount of storage for 2/3rds the cost, I can't justify buying the 32GB cards.

jaycee900 said:
I've got a 8MB SD card, though I really am hoping to get a 16MB one day to store upto 4 songs on it at once.
Whats the best SD/MMC card to get, i heard you can spend upto £5 to get a decent one?

That was funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea yet, will order when shipping has been confirmed to me, and grab whatever's the best value at the time.

FRZ said:
jaycee900 said:
I've got a 8MB SD card, though I really am hoping to get a 16MB one day to store upto 4 songs on it at once.
Whats the best SD/MMC card to get, i heard you can spend upto £5 to get a decent one?

That was funny.
CEX in the UK sell second hand memory cards. You can by a 32MB card for 20p, no joke.

The cheapest SD card is 10p for 16MB:

Link

2x 16GB cards, unless the 32GB cards reduce in price significantly, then i'll get either 1 or 2 of them depending on how flush with cash I am. :)

ashdjones said:
CEX in the UK sell second hand memory cards. You can by a 32MB card for 20p, no joke.

Link

It's 15p for the 32MB one now, but that's still £4.80 per GB, which turns out to be far more expensive per gigabyte than buying a 16GB.

.... just like people stick 1gb compact flash in those old handhelds like the HP 200LX people (who knows might be me LOL ) will be putting thier 2 TB SD cards in pandoras for years to come... i rekon the pandora has a good deal more longevity potential than most handhelds...

prolly gonna have to use my 4gb usb micro vault at first http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Micro-Vault-Fla...6407&sr=1-5

iirc mine was only like $20 a few months back when i bought it...

2 * 32GB Class 6, if the prices are affordable.

Nothing beats having a 64GB system in your pocked. Who needs a mobile HD anymore? At a friends house, and you need to copy a few gigs... Here you are. Plug in the USB port, and say hello to my little friend.

And best of all, it beats that freaking 16GB USB stick i've got, with that daim auto mounting cd file system. And worst of all, you can't remove it, and it has a flaw. If you don't install the software, it keeps creating a popup windows, again, and again, and again every minute or so ( up to a few dozen if you don't remove it grrr )...

Benjiro said:
2 * 32GB Class 6, if the prices are affordable.

Nothing beats having a 64GB system in your pocked. Who needs a mobile HD anymore? At a friends house, and you need to copy a few gigs... Here you are. Plug in the USB port, and say hello to my little friend.

And best of all, it beats that freaking 16GB USB stick i've got, with that daim auto mounting cd file system. And worst of all, you can't remove it, and it has a flaw. If you don't install the software, it keeps creating a popup windows, again, and again, and again every minute or so ( up to a few dozen if you don't remove it grrr )...
indeed. i'll be hanging onto my old 1-2GB flash drives just in case, but i think the bulk of my large "sneakernet" file transfers will be done using the Pandora. :lol:

regarding your USB drive, there should be some way to remove that software. chances are someone, somewhere got so annoyed with it that they figured out a solution. i had a difficult hard drive that had both a custom partition and custom firmware on the enclosure board, and so the solution involved both a reflash and repartitioning. Google is your friend. ;)

mechanizeddeath said:
regarding your USB drive, there should be some way to remove that software. chances are someone, somewhere got so annoyed with it that they figured out a solution. i had a difficult hard drive that had both a custom partition and custom firmware on the enclosure board, and so the solution involved both a reflash and repartitioning. Google is your friend. ;)
Not possible. Tried every possible utility to destroy that partition, but none can do it. Even those specify made for USB flash sticks. It's some obscure German made one, and contacting them was zero help. After a few hours, i gave up, and said: "this is not worth wasting my time anymore". So, i use it only if i really need to, and fall back on a old 1GB stick with no hidden fcd file system on it.

flatmush said:
ashdjones said:

Link

It's 15p for the 32MB one now, but that's still £4.80 per GB, which turns out to be far more expensive per gigabyte than buying a 16GB.

Yes... but you could find 15p on the pavement.

32gb isn't enough for me. my music library wont fit on 32 gb, and soon enough it wont fit on two 32gb, which would be unmanageable as far as music go anyway, unless there was a player with media library management like winamp. those darn flacs

I'm gonna start with the 16gb A-Data I have for my GP2X.

I'm hoping the ROMs will work on the Pandora with appropriate software.

I'm planning on another 16 or 32 for music/video archival. With something that'll import files to the SD card from a USB DVD. I don't want to use a PC or MAC to have to manage music/video.

We'll see what happens.

Peace

Link

Back