So How Many Gigs Of Memory You Geting?

Probably a 16 Gigger to start... Then an affordable 32 GB later on to hold the majority of my music library.

Falcon Delta said:
Two 8 gigs are plenty for me.
I already have a 4 Gig, a 2 Gig, a 1 Gig and a couple of 512s. I'll probably get a 32 Gig to store my music on, and that should have enough free space to store a few films / video files.

The 4 Gig will probably be used for my Megadrive/SNES emulators and games collection.
The 2 Gig should be able to store my relatively small Playstation library
The 1 Gig for Amiga
512Mb for C64 & Dosbox
512Mb for any interesting looking Homebrew

When N64 & Dreamcast arrive looks like I'll be investing in another 16 or 32 gig card (depending of the quality of Dreamcast emulation)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends how much they cost in November. I would like a couple of 16s, but I might get an 8 and use others that I have until the 16s are a bit cheaper than they are now.

I have a 2GB and a 4GB µSD card for my DS, at the beginning I'll use these, then I'll probably buy 16GB once they're cheaper from brand names like SanDisk

Kyosys said:
I have a 2GB and a 4GB µSD card for my DS, at the beginning I'll use these, then I'll probably buy 16GB once they're cheaper from brand names like SanDisk
Pretty much the same, I'll just use the 4 and 1GB's from my GP2X until the 16GB cards get cheaper.

After having a quick look around, I'll go with some 8GBs to start, since I can get three 8GB microSD (with SD adaptor) for the price of a single 16GB SD/micro SD.

I unfortunately will continue my legacy and continue to pay "early adopter" prices by buying two well priced 32Gb cards. I have a lot of music and when I visit other countries I won't want to spend much time swapping out stuff stored on the cards. While this will be rather expensive, it is what will work best for me. I will also drag my external along with me for obvious reasons. I say get what you can afford and be happy with it!

I've got a 8MB SD card, though I really am hoping to get a 16MB one day to store upto 4 songs on it at once.
Whats the best SD/MMC card to get, i heard you can spend upto £5 to get a decent one?

Any of you guys who are in the US - wait until Black Friday. It's the day after thanksgiving, and there are an insane amount of sales. You can likely get 8 giggers for free after rebate. Possibly even 16 giggers.

Im going to have 24 gigs - an 8GB and 16GB.

Black fridays are crazy... Ill hope for an internet sale on that date.

jaycee900 said:
I've got a 8MB SD card, though I really am hoping to get a 16MB one day to store upto 4 songs on it at once.
Whats the best SD/MMC card to get, i heard you can spend upto £5 to get a decent one?

lol, if you get a portable floppy drive reader you can get disks really cheap!!! :p

Back