Beta Snes9X4D4P - Another New Build, Now With Hi Res And New Rom Picker

... and Yoshi's Island as well as Mario RPG fullspeed if you overclock a bit. :)
Haven't tried Kirby.

Stubnt race fx is still bugged, it is now better than before (just crashed at menu i think); with the most recent build you can get into a race and it renders everything, but the 3d stuff flickers and disappears and reappears and the game just hangs.

EvilDragon said:
Haven't tried Kirby.
Kirby was full-speed with a bit of an overclock in the earlier builds, so I'd hazard a guess that the same remains true now, too. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, Kirby Super and Yoshi Island are fine. I've not had much time to play, but they seemed okay when I did a quick run through the other day,

jeffphone

skeezix said:
AFAIK, Kirby Super and Yoshi Island are fine. I've not had much time to play, but they seemed okay when I did a quick run through the other day,

jeffphone

Yoshis works brilliant, Im almost at the end of 1st world with no drops below 50fps on 711 mhz

have anybody an idea, how I get it back in fullscreen (stretch up to 5:4 again)?

There is also an problem with the sound: It is just not the original like on a real SNES. For example at Secret of Mana, if you attack with the sword. Is it possible to change that?

After playing a bit with PocketSNES, I noticed the key mapping is wrong on this emulator, in Mario the jump key was to be "B" and run "X", but it is "A" and "X" respectively. I noticed it because it is MUCH easier with the original way, is there a way to change it by configuration file?

The key-mapping is correct in this emulator. It's exactly the same as on a real SNES. :blink:

Prometheus said:
The key-mapping is correct in this emulator. It's exactly the same as on a real SNES. :blink:

Hmm you're right, I went to research it:

220px-Snes_control.jpg

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/519824-super-mario-world/faqs/25191
--------------
Mario Controls
--------------

Directional Pad - Move Mario

A button - Spin Jump, Jump off Yoshi

B button - Jump, Swim

Y button - Run, Hold Item, Throw Fireball

X button - Same as Y Button

L Button - Move Screen slightly to the left

R Button - Move Screen slightly to the right

SELECT button - Drops reserve item

START button - Pause the game

I could swear that was the way I played on the SNES... well, it's been more than 15 years!

Hey Skeezix/Jeff

Have you managed to take another look at snes9x4d4p? (we should really change that name to something shorter! :D)

Been tied up too much of late .. I'll get back to it soon hopefully :) I need to at least get the rom picker a little tweaked and integrated, and get the whole thing a little more stable; theres loots of things to do (asm cores and so on and so forth), but I may be spread too thin .. too many projects; still, I'll pollish this up a bit more. Hopefully someone else can adopt it or another snes port (pocketsnes needs some love), but I'll keep this one pollishing :)

jeff

are there still problems here saving games?

i have been playing chrono trigger with an old save game (unfathomable depths point of the game in case anyone is interested), and i cant seem to save the game successfully. is it possible that despite loading one save, the subsequent save goes somewhere else? or should i try saving my game in a separate save slot so it creates a new srm file? so keen to get on with the game! agh!

RenegadeChic said:
are there still problems here saving games?

i have been playing chrono trigger with an old save game (unfathomable depths point of the game in case anyone is interested), and i cant seem to save the game successfully. is it possible that despite loading one save, the subsequent save goes somewhere else? or should i try saving my game in a separate save slot so it creates a new srm file? so keen to get on with the game! agh!

SRMs work, SaveStates don't.

Last edited:
I wonder why Savestates don't work on Pandora.

Savestates work on Dingoo. And Both Version have the same codebase in my repository (Snes9x4D). As skeezix said, it would be cool if someone can maintain the Pandora version. I can't get/buy a Pandora yet to support it.

I can only support the Dingoo a320/a330 and in future (when i get a Caannoo) the Caanoo.

i think it was just having trouble with the 1st save slot i had. tried it on a second one and it seems to be working fine

I started debugging into the savestates problem but haven't had the cycles; in the end, if PocketSNES takes off on Pandora, it might be moot :/ I've not got the spare time right now to trace into it :(

jeff

i still think its a worthwhile endeavor. its the same with psx emulation, theres two happening but both have virtues and are both worth the efforts! just do it when you can if you feel its worth it

PocketSNES isn't running as well as Snes9x4D4P for me quite yet, in my view, and the sound seems to be very iffy to me (I know it's very early days, please don't let anyone take me the wrong way, here :) ), so I would have to agree with RenegadeChic - I think it's worthwhile, too. :p

I don't know what has happened I lent my brother my pandora today for work and he installed the latest hotfix and now he says that the snes emulator no longer loads correctly.
He is getting a messed up screen the music is playing fine in the background. He has since downloaded the latest version from the store and it is doing the same thing any ideas?

Back