Beta Snes9X4D4P - Another New Build, Now With Hi Res And New Rom Picker

Oh wow!

Similar skin as Gnuboy!!

Awesomeness!!!

We just need save states now ;) Nah, fantastic work guys!

Is it possible to enable to save global config or similar? I use full screen all the time and would like to have it saved so I dont need to change it everytime I use the emu.

Cheers

jonlad1 said:
Similar skin as Gnuboy!!

?

jonlad1 said:
We just need save states now ;) Nah, fantastic work guys!

I don't know why savestates aren't working on Pandora. Normally HOME is used. But on Caanoo i use the Application directory ".snes96_snapshots".

When i look into the code, HOME is used on Pandora.

So where, if not there you want to save the savestates :) ?

jonlad1 said:
Is it possible to enable to save global config or similar? I use full screen all the time and would like to have it saved so I dont need to change it everytime I use the emu.

I don't know if commandline option "-fs" works on Pandora. Sorry i can't test, because i don't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The .snes96_snapshots folder is created in the Pandora's appdata folder for normal SRAM saves (I think thats the type of RAM saves) eg Super Metroid cart backups.

Another folder called .snes96_save_states or whatever would be perfectly fine :)

I'm not sure how to test the commandline option with a pnd I'm afraid

When you try to save/load a state, it crashes out.....

EDIT: HA! I just tried making a save state and it just created two files - one .000 and one .s0

So it looks like its creating the save just wont load it?

SiENcE said:
All, SRAM and Savestates are normally saved in this directory. They are working on Dingoo and Caanoo. So, why does savestates don't workon Pandora?
Some versions ago (at least) there was a segfault whenever trying to create/load a savestate.

jonlad1 said:
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, Skeezix/ED/Science have updated snes9x4d4p (i hate typing that out!). Thanks guys!

Download here: Total awesomeness
Cant wait to try this, love pickle launcher

Changelog from file archive,

Build 004
---------

Switched to Picklelauncher as GUI.

Known bugs: Crashes when trying to save a state.
SRAM works fine though.

Thanks again to all those who have helped out here. The pickleloader is a very nice addition to this great emu. Now I'm looking forward to some performance tweeks, and those dsp/FX game improvements.

Chris

Stouffa said:
how do we change to the picklelauncher? I still seem to have the same one appearing when I load it up....

My mistake, had both versions in the same directory! Now I have another question, is there any way to get back into the file selector without killing the app?

I put the Picklelauncher in there but used the latest version compiled by skeezix.

Savestates segfault while SRAM works, no idea why. skeezix wanted to look at that but guess he didn't have time yet.

SiENCE: Have you updated the SVN? Maybe skeezix could recompile it and test if it still segfaults.

Weird that it does that though... I noticed that when saving a small preview of the savestate appears and then it crashes. Maybe there's a problem in the savestate preview on the Pandora and disabling it while saving does the trick?

skeeeezix? Wanna try? :D

EvilDragon said:
SiENCE: Have you updated the SVN? Maybe skeezix could recompile it and test if it still segfaults.

Weird that it does that though... I noticed that when saving a small preview of the savestate appears and then it crashes. Maybe there's a problem in the savestate preview on the Pandora and disabling it while saving does the trick?

skeeeezix? Wanna try? :D

Yep. I updated the svn.

If there is really a savestate, maybe it segfaults while loading the savestate screenshot.

Stouffa said:
Now I have another question, is there any way to get back into the file selector without killing the app?

It should dump back to PickleLauncher? Mine does? Try deleting your appdata folder then try again (remember to back up any SRAM saves you may have first!!)

I'll do a fresh build in the morning and see whats up :)

I did look into the crash with loading savestates, but its pretty subtle I think; ie: probably a trivial fix, but with hours to figure out where it is :) Its not dieing in the pandora specific code, so probably an alignment issue or some issue that just didn't show up elsewhere due to padding; but given that it works on Caanoo (savestates are tested there?), thats odd :)

I've got gdb working pretty well on the panda these days, so shall have to do some prodding and see wtf is going on in there ;)

jeff

skeezix said:
I'll do a fresh build in the morning and see whats up :)

I did look into the crash with loading savestates, but its pretty subtle I think; ie: probably a trivial fix, but with hours to figure out where it is :) Its not dieing in the pandora specific code, so probably an alignment issue or some issue that just didn't show up elsewhere due to padding; but given that it works on Caanoo (savestates are tested there?), thats odd :)

I've got gdb working pretty well on the panda these days, so shall have to do some prodding and see wtf is going on in there ;)

jeff

Savestates worked in the first release or two of snes9x4d4p, it was only the third of fourth release that broke it (I think it was the version that added full screen scaling). Maybe that will be helpful in tracking down the problem.

Are you sure?

SiENcE didn't change anything between those builds IIRC, or nothign relevent.

ED had an interesting idea, that it could be a screensht problem; by extension .. I wonder if we're snapshotting a larger image and the rest of the code isn't expecting it, or something.

I'll fiddle when I get a moment..

jeff

I still have an old version of snes9x4d4p on my sd card precisely because save states still worked on the older version. For awhile I also had two versions on my card, one for scaling if I wanted and another that did savestates.

I would triple-check right now, but my pandora is off for repairs.

Back