Snes Emulator

Joshwaan2k

Website
Visit site
Hi

I know the Snes emu is been worked on atm by Squidge. but i have a couple quick questions for you sir.

One of my fav fighting games on the Snes was game called Weapon Lord, now only one emu of the pc seems to emulate the sound properly. That emu is Bsnes. Do you think you could get the sound going right on the snes emulator for Pandora?

Will Pandora be fast enough to render HQ2X filter in most games?

That's all I have for now thanks :)

why is there a lot of 'XXX' Emulator topics? Anyhow...

I would highly assume emulation of the SNES on the Pandora will surpass the emulation on the GP2X. This would probubbly mean most games are full speed, and some special games like Super Mario Kart and Starfox (using the Super FX chip and the Mode7 chips...) Will be emulated in working condition, unlike on the GP2X (Posisioning on Super Mario Kart for the GP doesint work right, Star Fox doesint even get past the title screen. :p). In any case, Weapon Lord sounds like quite A game to emulate. It may be that it uses A chip not shared by many other games, or none at all. It would have to be looked at, but sounds possable. But I personally can't say for sure on anything, the real task goes to Squidge to attack this question. :S

I don't think you answered his question. (neither am I, what a hypocrite) Also, the first part of your post wasn't related.

Classic Team said:
why is there a lot of 'XXX' Emulator topics? Anyhow...

I would highly assume emulation of the SNES on the Pandora will surpass the emulation on the GP2X. This would probubbly mean most games are full speed, and some special games like Super Mario Kart and Starfox (using the Super FX chip and the Mode7 chips...) Will be emulated in working condition, unlike on the GP2X (Posisioning on Super Mario Kart for the GP doesint work right, Star Fox doesint even get past the title screen. :p). In any case, Weapon Lord sounds like quite A game to emulate. It may be that it uses A chip not shared by many other games, or none at all. It would have to be looked at, but sounds possable. But I personally can't say for sure on anything, the real task goes to Squidge to attack this question. :S
Yeah I relise that the Pandora will be able to run pretty much all games full speed. If Bsnes can run the game right I've sure Squidge could work his magic. But thing is with Bsnes it's created from ground up. Maybe there was a bug is sound code of other emu's causing sound effects to not play correct.

Anyways I'll await Squidge's Answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this disturbingly in-depth comparison of the SNES and Genesis versions of Weaponlord, the SNES cart contains a custom sound chip. The bsnes author mush have gone out of his way to specifically emulate that chip.

Not really worth the effort for just the sound in just one game - especially when that game is fully working on another system.

Chip said:
According to this disturbingly in-depth comparison of the SNES and Genesis versions of Weaponlord, the SNES cart contains a custom sound chip. The bsnes author mush have gone out of his way to specifically emulate that chip.

Not really worth the effort for just the sound in just one game - especially when that game is fully working on another system.

byuu has released all the code he wrote to emulate special chips into the public domain.

It's worth noting, however, that bsnes focuses on perfect emulation, and in fact it does emulate the SNES hardware perfectly as far as running games - it has achieved 100% compatibility with games not using special chips, using no game-specific hacks. However, in order to do this, it requires a 2+ GHz CPU for fullspeed in every game. Special chips increase the system requirements even more, so I don't think we'll be seeing bsnes's level of accuracy on the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back