Best SNES emu

SlyStrife

Still Fresh
Which do you think is the best SNES emulator? Snes9x4P? Or SNES9x Ex Plus Alpha? I find that the Ex Plus emu emulates the sound more accurately, but I have to overclock my Pandy Rebirth to maximum to get some games to run full speed(unless I have frameskip enabled which I don't like doing :<). The sound is a little less accurate on 4P, but I don't have to overclock completely to get games to run. Overall both emus work great, I assume it would be a matter of preference. However I just like hearing what people have to say! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I find the ex-plus emulators show their touchscreen roots a little too well, and I find Snes9x4P's pandora integration a little better. I don't emulate the SNES much though, but if I ever came across a game with notably bad audio, I'd probably use SNES 9x Ex Plus for that.

The "best" is BSNES, unfortunately, it'll never run on a Pandora, anything else is likely to be a bit hit or miss with regards to compatibility. You may well find that if you're interested in more obscure games that they may or may not be supported. But if you're just interested in playing relatively popular games, you shouldn't have too much trouble in that regard.

I'd recommend trying them and see which ones you like.

EX does seem to play things smoothly.. I however not fond of the interface. It's a pain to search for the game you want to play out of a big list.

Back