Release Mediathekview

update:

I played around with my Laptop & Mediathekview recently. Here I noticed that Mediathekview always chooses a default streaming quality. As I got it right its the one below HD quality. Even if multiple Quallities are available it seems to pick high quality for streaming, so far I did not found an option in the settings for this behavior.

i recently updated mediathekview to the current stable release (version 9 | 8.887)

for details see their changelog

nice new features include:

• copy urls of hd & sd to clipoard
  • new stations: phoenix & sr
this pnd does not include the improvements of ingo. it is only capable to store streams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, with Phoenix - I thought. But now it is no longer running with Slackware. Where do I get the old version ? Or maybe you give me a version that runs with Slackware. Thanks for help.

edit : tried with SZ 1.60

running so far, downloading diff filmlist ok but complete filmlist is stopping at about 95 % , after 10 min I stopped the program (quit). Is this only in older version of SZ? I need 1.60 because of MeTV.

Hi Joachim!

I tested this pnd with sz 1.71 on my 1ghz pandora.

A few ideas from my side:

1:

Your posting hints for an ram issues. You could try to use a a swapfile (zram). Which pandora version do you have?

2:

Did you also use the pnd from ingoreis? If so the settings in pandora/appdata of both pnds might interfere. In this case i recomment to delete the appdata/mediathekview  folder and the pnd from ingoreis before installibg the curent pnd.

If noth did not work, you can find prior versions of this pnd here. Just download one of them and replace it.

I hope i could help

Willhelm

I have also 1Ghz model so RAM should be no problem. After trying older versions with no success I tried again Ingos version and it worked. And I found an interesting thing : his version is under Multimedia, yours in in Internet. But when I first installed it, it was in Multimedia and all was fine. Maybe it got mixed with Ingos version, so it worked ? Right now I am back to version 3.3 from Ingo and it works so far. Better not change a running system uh. Maybe he can make a new version.

Oh interresting,cannot wait to try it :)

Thx for the Updated PND.

Maybe i can Buildin here the Mplayer too in your PND.

Phoenix has very good Dokumentations :D

grum sad story that ou have such issues with this pnd. You can esayli determine which version you used. ingos pnd is listed under multimedia mine was allways listed under network ;)

i also had ingos pnd running on my pandora. Both work fine. However I had some issues with streams. Mediathekview seems to prefere medium or hq streams wich my pandora could not display on the fly without "stutering" or loosing sync between audio and vidieo. This issues were no bandwith issues, i have an usb donggl capable of transmiting several mb/s. It should be a lack of cpu power or ram.

Oh here exact the Oposite.

Your PND is running very fine and with the internal Wlan do the Videos stuttering even in low Quality.

Then i shut off the internal Wlan of and plugged a WlanDongle (RT73 Chipset) in the USB Port and no stuttering more.

The Smplayer work very fine in the PND i created,i research only the Way to avoid this First Time Setup again ;)

Maybe more caching help with the internal Wlan,tried some Settings and noone helped yet.

I think i must not change the Buffering Size in Mplayer/Smplayer...

..i think i must change the Buffering File from Mediathekview to be bigger.

Another Idea why its stuttering is where to find this buffered File?

Maybe its in the tmp Folder on the Nand and buffering Videos on the Nand is ever slower.

I will try a few Days more to get better Results but unfortunaly a long working Day again.

Smplayer work realy good with Wlan Dongle here in low Quality ;)

Here is a updated Version which play with SMplayer2 wonderfull Videos with my USB Wlan Dongle without stuttering.

The internal Wlan of the Pandora will be not fast enough,even i got it to load ever the "LowRes" Videos.

And this First Time Wizard dont come anymore. :D

Note that i tested this only on Fat32 and not on Ext2/3/4 or other Linux Filesystems on the Pandora. :rolleyes:

You can now manual load the TV List but it have a actual preloaded List inside.

Update that List when you want ;)

@Wilhelm,i changed nothing on your Build,i inserted only the Playerstuff,optimized it a little and found a Way to dont have this Startupwizard finaly.

When you want can you update the Repo Version with it,for me its perfect on Fat32.

I have a bad Feeling that you will need Fat32 for it,we will see when another People test this too ;)

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PNDs/mediathekview3.pnd

(you can rename the File back when you want :rolleyes:   )

Happy Testing with your Wlan Dongles ^_^

(please delete the old Appdata before running it @first Time)

ehm sorry not yet. But I can confirm the bug reported by joachim earlier. Mediathekview is not able to update appdata/mediathekview/.mediathek3/filme.json . The program is able to create this file once but afterwards it gets stuck. A workaround is currently to remove this file just befor updating the file list.

I can not explain this behavior. Ingo could you try this with your pnd ?

I am sorry ingo up to now i did not test your version.

@joachim

did you test ingos version?

=== Update

I installed ingos pnd and tested this version for the film update bug reported by joachim. Interestingly Ingos PND has not this bug.

I started Medathekview (MV) once fetched the file list. Restarted MV and updated again the film list. I will keep on testing. Ingo would you mind if i replace  my buggy Version in repo.openpandora.org with yours ?

Oh nice to read thx ;)

Joachim reported an older Version.

In this Version i only used your PND and added nothing from my old PND.

Just added Smplayer and used my Tricks to avoid this First Install Wizard ;)

The older PND was a Mix from your older and my older PND.

Joachim got a Special Slackware Version from me for his Slackware ^_^

He reported @ the German forum.gp2x.de that its work for him now too.

I will be glad when you upload this Version to the Repo and Thxx for testing :)

Edit:

The only Problem is that you need an USB Wlan Dongle because the Internal Wlan Speed is not fast enough to play smoothly.

I ordered this SDIO Wlan Adapter for Testings:

41EEDq4jHvL.jpg

Will report soon if that SDIO Wlan Card work fine :)

http://www.amazon.com/Spectec-SDW-821-802-11b-802-11g-Wireless/dp/B000RLBDIA

wuhu that was a fast reply. I will update this soontm  . I also had a shot look in your pnd.

Soon  :D

I updated the mediathekview.pnd:

-towards version 10  (9.072) from the  git repository

-mediathekview should be able to update the video DB (thx for your bugreport joachim)

special thx to ingoreis:

-smplayer support

-flvstreamer support

---

update

Streams play now fluently  :)  

.... and finaly i managed to fix the movie update bug (hopefully .. ) . Medieathekview was not able to update the movie list if a prior (older) list already exists. It crashes duing the update process. As i stated earlier, this could be caused by to less memory. I increased the maximum memory for the javaVM up to 180MB hoping that CC pandoras can still handle and start mediathekview.

I uploaded a new version to the repository, if MV crashes again please report it.

Hi..i used your PND yesterday and it worked flawessly.
There was an interessting Documentantion in German about Aurora Borealis(the Northlights)

Good work and thx for the Updates :)

New in version 0.2.2.0
-Bugfix: adjustet maximum memory for javaVM towards 200MB
+updated to latest Mediathekview (version 11 build 556)

Back