Small Favor To Ask For Drmd Beta Testers

Yeah I heard the startup sound but as you said there is nothing else after that.
This was tried on Beta 7.
It's just one to add to the list for Reesy to look at later down the line.

How big was the cartridge size? Doesn't Reesy's emu have a limit of 32 megabits/4MB for cart size? EDIT: Scratch that, these carts are only half a meg (4 megabits) so there's no problems there.

EDIT: I just edited the post I made previously - I have tested six different versions now, all exactly the same.

I mean the physical Cartrigde, it was about double the hieght.
The size of the dump is 512kb

The maximum size of a rom that DrMD can accept is 5,242,880 bytes ( 0x500000). Which should be enough for the largest Genesis cart which I believe is Street Fighter 2.

I'll add sub menu options to the menu system, I do agree it is getting abit messy.

reesy to be quite honest m8ty i think everyone will be happy with the sound upgraded and a few other number small fixes, i hope you dont get too burned out.

i think the requests is going into over drive, chill moron's.

I'm happy enough with version 1, just wish I could play FD on the go.
I would donate but I only have £3 of my overdraft left

Apeiron posted on Mar 18 2005 at 02:45 PM said:

Get a job, sell your body or start a life of crime.

They are the 3 most popular ways of getting money.

Last edited by a moderator:
sensible GP32 posted on Mar 18 2005 at 02:19 PM said:
reesy to be quite honest m8ty i think everyone will be happy with the sound upgraded and a few other number small fixes, i hope you dont get too burned out.

Don't worry there's no chance of me getting burned out. I'm still un-employeed so I've got to do something to keep my mind ticking over.....Anybody need their cars cleaned?

Reesy > Did you understand exactly my words (my english is so bad) about "Save settings for this game"?

Did you also receive my mails? :)

look posted on Mar 18 2005 at 03:08 PM said:
Apeiron posted on Mar 18 2005 at 02:45 PM said:

Get a job, sell your body or start a life of crime.

They are the 3 most popular ways of getting money.

I'm looking for a job no one wants me. No one would buy my body and I'd get caught straight away if I done a crime

Dave C - um what are you talking about did you actually really test the different sound settings? I too noticed (yes, an actual detectable difference) an improvement in frame rate by turning the sound quality down to the lowest setting. I turned on the FPS counter and tried a few different games... yeah there is definately a 4-5 fps increase if you go from the highest to the lowest sound setting.

So I have to disagree on this one, Reesy please leave this option IN as I definately prefer the faster framerate in lieu of the better sound.

White Demon - as far as the button config thing... or more specifically, the problem with the light turning on and off, how is this? It seems to me that as far back as V 1.0 of DrMD, the select button (or the start button I forget which is which, the one that turns the light on and off) has the light on/off feature disabled once you start a ROM in DrMD. I use the default button layout (that button used as button A) and have NEVER had a problem with the light turning off on me while playing. Not that I have anything against having the ability to configure the buttons to your liking, just sayign I"m not sure how you had this problem?

The problem is when a game requires you to hold down the A (select )button for a sustained period. Take Outrun for example, the accelerater is button A. So as your accelerating the GP32 BLU backlight switches ON and OFF....this is very distracting, but does add an extra challange to a game ;).

I have not found a way to disable the light feature through software. So this is why I added a button configuration option, even though OutRun has its own button configuration in the game but not all games do.

Hmm okay so why don't I have this problem? I play outrun all the time, by the way.

this is kinda weird, now that you say this isn't something you've done on purpose. I noticed that mine does not do this right when I started using V1.0, I believe... because I play a lot at work, and if the phone rings or whatever and I have to pause, I like to turn the light off so as to help save that little bit of battery life... well I would hold down the button to try to turn the light off but it wouldn't go off.

When I first start DrMD and am just at the menu, then I can hold the button and the light will go off, but once I've started a rom, I can no longer turn the light off... even if I exit back out to the menu, start another rom, whatever.

By the way Reesy, what IS going on with your work situation? Had any luck/progress at all? Any potentials?

Reesy posted on Mar 18 2005 at 03:27 PM said:
sensible GP32 posted on Mar 18 2005 at 02:19 PM said:

Don't worry there's no chance of me getting burned out. I'm still un-employeed so I've got to do something to keep my mind ticking over.....Anybody need their cars cleaned?

When I win the lottery I will hire you full time to make emulators for my GP32 :p

Sorry to hear that really though, that sucks. Wish you luck, hope you find something soon.

bast525 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 08:48 AM said:
Hmm okay so why don't I have this problem? I play outrun all the time, by the way.

this is kinda weird, now that you say this isn't something you've done on purpose. I noticed that mine does not do this right when I started using V1.0, I believe... because I play a lot at work, and if the phone rings or whatever and I have to pause, I like to turn the light off so as to help save that little bit of battery life... well I would hold down the button to try to turn the light off but it wouldn't go off.

When I first start DrMD and am just at the menu, then I can hold the button and the light will go off, but once I've started a rom, I can no longer turn the light off... even if I exit back out to the menu, start another rom, whatever.

Same deal here. I thought it was just a feature :)

Reesy posted on Mar 19 2005 at 12:26 PM said:
Well thats a bit weird, have you both got BLU+.

Yep BLU+ here.

BLU + here as well... anyways I dont consider it to be a problem... I rather like that I can hold down that button all day long and the light wont go out.... No big deal about not being able to turn it off when I pause... what would I be saving, all of 10 seconds of battery life? I like it much better the way it is :)

Reesy - just wanted to mention, in the thread in the News Zone section, I threw out a bunch of questions as far as 'what's next'? Inquiring minds want to know!

bast525 posted on Mar 20 2005 at 01:45 AM said:
BLU + here as well... anyways I dont consider it to be a problem... I rather like that I can hold down that button all day long and the light wont go out.... No big deal about not being able to turn it off when I pause... what would I be saving, all of 10 seconds of battery life? I like it much better the way it is :)

Reesy - just wanted to mention, in the thread in the News Zone section, I threw out a bunch of questions as far as 'what's next'? Inquiring minds want to know!

That would be cool if he stumbled on a way to "lock" the light on/off thing. If he could figure out this "bug" it could be put into games so you could use the button without shutting off the light.

Sonic Crackers still freezes at the sega screen, but still playable.

What's wrong with this?

Toy Story's storybook pictures have missing pixels in them, but it's still very very very playable.

And of course, the 3D in some games glitches a little "too" much and make games like Sonic 3 annoying to complete.

I've also noticed that some sound bugs from V1.0 made it into the final. It's just some minor slow music but fast gameplay. I see Reesy fixed a clicking problem in the sound after Beta7.

These are just things i've found, you don't need to fix them if you don't want to, so don't flame or bash me because i'm acting like an ignorant brat.

Anyway. Me likes teh emulator. Onward Drmd 3.0!

Back