Dr Md Compatibility List

The frame skip isn't above 3, if you even bothered to check the emulators stats you would see most games run at 30-40fps - which would mean the frame skip is less than 2 or 1.

Some games run at 50-60fps - that would be frame skip of 0 (depending on pal, nstc)

So maybe its your eyes?

I've not tried it at any low mhz speeds.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Ok usually I don't do things like this. :(

I just tried it again at 180 mhz and i's not doing the same thing.

I can only assume it was the batteries or something to do with restarting a game with different settings (like changing the mhz )

Sorry for the stupid post.

I tend think maybe I've made a mistake if an emulator I am trying doesn't work very well but everyone else is raving about it. It usually turns out to be a case of I haven't read the Manual or blatant pilot error. So far I've not had to post any daft questions (well not as far as I know) hehe.

BTW craig I did think your reaction to jonjandran's post was justified but way to harsh, chill out. I don't think it was meant to sound as anti Drmd as it did.

I know, but it was directed to all the negative posts not just that one, i'm sure you must all know what reesy thinks by now, its a real shame.

If you look on the GBA emulator scene they are so much more friendly about such things, I was really dissapointed by some of the posts, I know most people really loved the emulator and appreciated it, its just some people speak as if they can make demands of the emulator rather than polite requests, or are just rude about it as if it isn't worthy of them.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

What Reesy and any other coder/artist/musician etc needs to do is to rise above the bickering and look at the community response as a whole. To be honest I think the majority of the GP32 community appreciate and respect the work of those precious few that give us games, emulators, utils etc. It's a shame to let the voices of a few whingers put the devvers off coding their masterpieces for that is what they are. Masterpieces coded for free just for the fun of it.

I would ask any devvers reading this to ignore the petty comments of the poor misguided fools that think devving an emu, game etc takes a couple of hours and therefore whinge and whine because the emulator doesn't do this or doesn't do that or the game controls aren't responsive enough etc. I would ask them to ignore the negative comments and concentrate on the positive comments that are the view of the majority of the GP32 Scene.

I was so glad when the first version was released because it was the only emulator to play Bubble and Squeak properly :) But now it doesnt even start in this new version :angry:

I was so glad when the first version was released because it was the only emulator to play Bubble and Squeak properly :)  But now it doesnt even start in this new version  :angry:

So run both versions. The old one for Bubble and Squeak and the new one for other things. Doh!

One final question. Why are you angry? You get a free emulator that works on many games and you still moan. I really pity people that moan about a free game, emu etc. By all means offer suggestions or critisism but make it constructive not destructive. After all how would you feel if you'd just puts hours and hours of work into a free emu only to have someone sticking an Angry smiley under your nose just because it doesn't work on their favorite game anymore.

FFS people, try to see things from the developers point of view !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back