Couldn't Get The New Super Drmd To Work W/your Gp?

bast525

Okay I hope the mods don't mind that I'm starting a thread for this... I figured, a lot of people (like me) had already tried Reesy's new Beta 7 (the 'turbo version' runs really fast at 133mhz, getting speeds like 190mhz but on GP's that can't overclock) but only got a white screen, so probably gave up wont try it again, and maybe not checking Reesy's own thread in the Beta Test section thinking this beta just wouldn't work for them. Well I just wanted to let everyone know, you CAN get it working! It should work for everyone, just a little 'bug' you have to work around to get it to work.

Be sure and have both the regular DrMD V.2 and the new 'turbo' beta 7 on your SMC. Then, start up regular V.2, and in the settings change the sound to 16500, and also, I dunno if this had anything to do with it, but I also changed the clockspeed setting to 133mhz (which is where you'll end up setting it in beta 7 anyways so better to change it here)... anyways, save the settings and then quit out of V.2

Started up the hacked Beta 7 and it works!! Now I'm getting super speed, faster fps than when I was running 180-184mhz with the #2 pencil trick, at 133mhz... very nice... though, the games seem to play a little slower to me? Maybe I'm imagining this part I'll have to try it some more to be sure.

LOL lots of people reading this so anyone actually TRY it or what???

I want to know if it was just me or if this is the 'real fix' for the white screen problem....

I'll try it tonight... although for some reason hardly any of the rom images I've got for the MD seem to work. Can anybody confirm whether these should work:

Gaunlet
Hard Drivin
Lemmings
OutRun
OutRuners
Race Drivin
Rampart
Virtua Racing (I know this one won't work)
Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits
Worms

I had it working before trying this but it froze after about 15 minutes. I'll try this and see if it still freezes up. Thanks.

bast525 posted on Apr 26 2005 at 06:54 AM said:
Okay I hope the mods don't mind that I'm starting a thread for this... I figured, a lot of people (like me) had already tried Reesy's new Beta 7 (the 'turbo version' runs really fast at 133mhz, getting speeds like 190mhz but on GP's that can't overclock) but only got a white screen, so probably gave up wont try it again, and maybe not checking Reesy's own thread in the Beta Test section thinking this beta just wouldn't work for them. Well I just wanted to let everyone know, you CAN get it working! It should work for everyone, just a little 'bug' you have to work around to get it to work.

Be sure and have both the regular DrMD V.2 and the new 'turbo' beta 7 on your SMC. Then, start up regular V.2, and in the settings change the sound to 16500, and also, I dunno if this had anything to do with it, but I also changed the clockspeed setting to 133mhz (which is where you'll end up setting it in beta 7 anyways so better to change it here)... anyways, save the settings and then quit out of V.2

Started up the hacked Beta 7 and it works!! Now I'm getting super speed, faster fps than when I was running 180-184mhz with the #2 pencil trick, at 133mhz... very nice... though, the games seem to play a little slower to me? Maybe I'm imagining this part I'll have to try it some more to be sure.

What type of GP do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
bast525 posted on Apr 26 2005 at 05:54 AM said:

Tried that, Beta 7 still doesn`t load up on my 166 BLU

Deserthamster - weird... I was getting the white screen until I did this now it works perfectly....

i thought my batteries were weak,but plugging in my mains adaptor didn`t make any difference :(

Oh well ! maybe it just wasn`t meant to be.

Eh... okay maybe this isn't the fix then :(

due to my GP32 tricking me, I just removed the lead I had applied to my resistors to let me OC my GP (the pencil trick).

turns out my batteries were dead, but got ahold of some fresh batteries and tried to run the beta 7 version with my now unmodded GP, and now I'm getting white screen again....

Sorry guys :(

Gruntfuggly posted on Apr 26 2005 at 08:30 AM said:
I'll try it tonight... although for some reason hardly any of the rom images I've got for the MD seem to work. Can anybody confirm whether these should work:

Gaunlet 
Hard Drivin  *Works great*
Lemmings
OutRun  *works great*
OutRuners  *works good*
Race Drivin
Rampart
Virtua Racing (I know this one won't work)
Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits
Worms  *Works great*

NLU 133 16500 - white screen
just wait for an official release already! betas are supposed to be testing platforms.

ssdietsch - You're missing the point - this isn't a 'bug' in DrMD, its a feature that may or may not work. Some people have got it to work, some haven't (includin me, sniff), but bast525 has managed to get it to work (maybe) after initially having problems. That's what this thead is about...

Er, fitzsteve - care to elaborate a bit?

Okay, got some fresh batteries and spent some time fiddling with the resistors and a pencil.... after just about going crazy after 2 hours of not getting it to work, I can once again stably OC to a relatively high speed (192mhz stable for 15 mins so far).

And now, DrMD Beta 7 is working fine for me again (wouldn't work when I removed all the lead from the resistors returning the system to stock).

So... sorry again guys, but I guess my 'fix' wasn't really the fix, and this hacked DrMD may not work for everyone.

Remember this version isn't actually running at 133.. it really is running at 190, which is why it seams to run at 190 :) The interesting thing is that for a few people who can't clock well, this one does work .. just one of the clock settings that works for them.. but its a little of an odd setting if memory serves, so why not?

jeff

Back