Small Favor To Ask For Drmd Beta Testers

No one has fantasic dizzy genesis? Are there any others with the same graphic quality

Reesy posted on Mar 15 2005 at 01:27 PM said:
Reesy posted on Mar 15 2005 at 10:26 AM said:
The crackling is caused by the DAC sampling, if I turn off DAC there is no crackle. For some reason bass sounds like a crackle. Not too sure if I can fix this but I'll see what I can do.

Fixed this now. The bass now sounds pretty good.
Excellent!
Reesy, you rock! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy > Some other important bugs : only Auto and fs0 work.
Fs1, 2, 3, 4, 5 work as Auto.

It would be very cool and easy I think to be able to save the configuration button for each game too ('cause of the BLU select button problem when turns the light). ;)

Thanx. :)

Drumaster posted on Mar 16 2005 at 06:53 AM said:

It would be very cool and easy I think to be able to save the configuration button for each game too ('cause of the BLU select button problem when turns the light). ;)

Fs0 to Fs 5 do work in a simliar fashion auto, When you select FS1 it sets the maximum amount of frames to be skipped ( ie 1). This is the way I want it, so I won't be changing it.

:huh: You can already save the configuration for each game

Reesy - okay... a sort of discovery, regarding NBA Live '95. I had reported that sound doesn't work after the initial "E... A... Sports" sample that plays when you first start the game.

Well I finally figured out, sound DOES work in-game, but for some reason, every time you load the rom, the game defaults to turning all sound off in the in-game options menu. So every time I load I gotta go into the options screen and turn all sound back on. Kind of an odd bug.

NBA Live does also have some other minor bugs, the menu's don't work properly, they show up fine but the marker/highlight for the different options on all menus doesn't show up so you dont know what you're selecting on the menu. Also, for some reason you can only select Exhibition mode to play, I forget what the other modes are but there are at least two others (playoff, tournament, I think?). It just wont let you change it.

Very minor bugs all as the game itself plays just fine :)

Reesy posted on Mar 16 2005 at 07:28 AM said:

It would be very cool and easy I think to be able  to save the configuration button for each game too ('cause of the BLU select button problem when turns the light). ;)

Fs0 to Fs 5 do work in a simliar fashion auto, When you select FS1 it sets the maximum amount of frames to be skipped ( ie 1). This is the way I want it, so I won't be changing it.

Ok for fs, anyway I only use fs auto. :)

Concerning control configuration, you can't save it for EACH game in the actual release, but only for all games. ;)
Actually it saves the settings like CPU clock, fs... but not the control configuration for each game. :)

Ahh good find bast525. I never would of thought of checking there. Not sure what could be causing all of the options to be defaulted to off. Its not a cyclone bug as I've tested with a musashi build of DrMD and it does the same. Maybe the cart using SRAM or something? I think it does as when I close the rom in Gens it says "SRAM saved". Hopefully when I add SRAM support it will fix this problem.

Drumaster posted on Mar 16 2005 at 08:05 AM said:

It would be very cool and easy I think to be able  to save the configuration button for each game too ('cause of the BLU select button problem when turns the light). ;)

Concerning control configuration, you can't save it for EACH game in the actual release, but only for all games. ;)
Actually it saves the settings like CPU clock, fs... but not the control configuration for each game. :)

Have you seen the "Save Settings For This Game" menu option? This saves exactly the same information as the "Save Settings" menu option.

The difference between the two is that "Save Settings" are loaded when you start DrMD and "Save Settings For This Game" and loaded when you load the rom. I've just tested it again and it works fine.

I think I might know what you trying to get it.

The problem is now that once you set up settings for one particular game, they will be loaded each time you load the rom. The problem is if you then load a different rom that does NOT have settings saved the current settings are used rather than re-loading the default menu options. I'll change this.

Happy

Reesy posted on Mar 16 2005 at 08:15 AM said:
Drumaster posted on Mar 16 2005 at 08:05 AM said:

Have you seen the "Save Settings For This Game" menu option? This saves exactly the same information as the "Save Settings" menu option.

The difference between the two is that "Save Settings" are loaded when you start DrMD and "Save Settings For This Game" and loaded when you load the rom. I've just tested it again and it works fine.
Yes it works but not for the control configuration! :D
It saves everything but not that! :D

Try to save the control configuration for one game with "Save settings for this game" then load another game, it will have the same control configuration. ;)

Then reboot and you'll see that the control configuration will be replaced by the one saved with "Save settings". :)

EDIT : You got it! Fine!

RE-EDIT : It appears that if you save control configuration in only ONE game (with "Save settings for this game" of course), these controls won't be loaded for this game the next time you reboot and then reload the rom. :unsure:
Not important as you simply have to save settings for at least 2 games to make it work. :)

RE-RE-EDIT : Even if I have saved settings in at least 2 games, games as Earthworm Jim 1 refuses to have his controls saved and loaded, unless I load another game (with settings saved) before... :(
Very complicated...

I'd like to add a little fix to do : some games (rare ones) as Story of Thor are in 320x240 instead of 320x224 or 286x224 and when you put the fps counter, it eats a part of the screen (I like playing with the fps counter :)).

Could you simply display fps rate on the game without adding a black bar?

Reesy maybe this is just me but could you try and organise the menu a bit more before version 2 (ie. seperate it out into multiple menus - sound, graphics, etc..) as the menu seems far too cluttered to me now.

Also:
What happened about the other cyclone core you were looking into?

LOL it's turning into a request thread again... so help me god if you guys push him to the point of wanting to take out the quick save/load feature again.... *readies a trout... a big fat stinky slimy trout that's been sitting outta the fridge for like a week* <_<

Hanz™ posted on Mar 18 2005 at 06:14 AM said:
Reesy maybe this is just me but could you try and organise the menu a bit more before version 2 (ie. seperate it out into multiple menus - sound, graphics, etc..) as the menu seems far too cluttered to me now.

Also:
What happened about the other cyclone core you were looking into?

I agree with this. I was actually going to post about this myself, the main mmenu is rather cluttered now. The things like frameskip, audio quality and so forth could be moved to a separate settings menu.

@Apeiron: I'll test out Fantastic Dizzy soon. Watch this post for an edit.
EDIT: Wow. I don't know which version you were using but I have a total of six different roms of this and none of them worked in beta7.

Actually now that I think of it, wan't there a problem with Codemasters roms in general at this point?

Guys yes, chill with all of the requests again. There are already too many options because of this and most are not needed. FS settings for example cause the emu to speed up and slow down constantly, not needed, just use auto. The sound quality has no effect on speed just quality. I noticed absolutely NO increase in frame rate from 16 to 8 Khz, so just leave it on 16Khz and forget it. Think lean and mean. If all of these features weren't requested the menu wouldn't be cluttered either.

I agree with DaveC

I haven't been able to donate to Reesy, since my Paypal account got screwed up (looooong story).

I was able to send some $ to Rlyeh some time ago, as a thank-you for all his hard work, NOT to feel like I have the right to make suggestions, or make requests.

Thank you. :)

DaveC > I don't use fs but some people like it. ;)

And sorry there is a frame rate increase from 16 to 8 khz (even if it's not huge, it's about 4-5 fps, so it's noticeable ;)).

DaveC posted on Mar 18 2005 at 10:54 AM said:
Guys yes, chill with all of the requests again. There are already too many options because of this and most are not needed. FS settings for example cause the emu to speed up and slow down constantly, not needed, just use auto. The sound quality has no effect on speed just quality. I noticed absolutely NO increase in frame rate from 16 to 8 Khz, so just leave it on 16Khz and forget it. Think lean and mean. If all of these features weren't requested the menu wouldn't be cluttered either.

Which is exactly why I think we need an extra menu for options. With too many people requesting all these exteas (which I never even use myself, I just set the speed at 150 or above and make sure all the sound is on) it has made the main menu cluttered. If a sepearate 'otpions' submenu was made then there would only be 1 option on the main menu related to these extra options (which would then take you to the menu with these options instead of the 10 (possibly 12) that there currently are.

The only thing I requested for originally was the button config (so I could play games without my light turning off and on all the time). Everything else I consider superfluous but other people thought they would be useful (and Reesy must have too, otherwsie they would not be there). I'm not aksing for anything else to be added or anything to be removed (so put that trout away bast, I don't wanna take away your quick saves). All I am saying is maybe the config options sould be put in a separate sub menu, to remove the clutter.

For Fantasic Dizzy I tried Version Public Release, do you even here the sound? if not then theres a problem.
I think I got fgen to run it once but it crashed repeatedly. Maybe the Codemasters cartrigde used additional software/hardware because the cartrigde is larger then normal

Back