Smach Z will pose some serious competition to the Pyra

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So to finally put this to bed, the answer to the (non) question in the title, " Smach Z will pose some serious competition to the Pyra " the answer would be...

No, not really.

Notice the word "final". If they meant not having a prototype console as a reward, they would have just said "console"

Proof by omission is a logical fallacy: not explicitly rejecting giving the prototype as a reward does not mean that it is logical to assume that it will be a reward.  They could simply be saying "final console" because that is literally all they were thinking about at the time.

It doesn't make any logical sense to offer prototypes en mass as a reward, it costs substantially more to produce a prototype than it does to produce things in mass production, from 3D printing the case to hand soldering and assembling the electronics.  You are wrong, plain and simple.  They may offer a limited tier with very expensive prototypes but there is nothing to suggest that they could possibly mean for everyone to be able to get a prototype.

Yup, well the campaign has been canceled. Smach Z is not happening. Likely they will try indiegogo and even succeed, I have seen it happen before. Duff kickstarter campaigns get funded on indiegogo. 

BTW unrelated but funny, see the iCPooch https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/icpooch/icpooch-internet-pet-treat-delivery-and-video-chat

It's an apocalyptic portent...

Perhaps the Coleco Chameleon will be to your taste and no it's not a contender to the Pyra. It's the bastard child of Jack Tramiel and um Mike from retro vgs.

So that confirms there being no prototype, which makes it kinda hard to get back into kickstarter, where they were violating the terms earlier.

I don't really understand funding a prototype for people who share so little about their development-process.

Why do we have to de-tour by distributing t-shirts to hide that this is a charity that every other project seems to be above.

Closed project, closed wallet.

GoldenSun3DS said:
6 minutes ago, GoldenSun3DS said:

"I can't back my argument so I'm just going to post a funny gif."
No he's just entertained like the rest of us, we don't get many people of your caliber around here.
GoldenSun3DS... it is so lovely to have you around.

Please! Stay as long as you like.

There are some of us absolutely delighted you decided to get involved here.

Ah... it takes me back to the early days of the Pandora... such sweet memories.

I want to thank you of you who had my back when I was being called a "troll" ... which was not very fair especially from who was the one who was doing the name calling. I never meant anyone any disrespect, including the person who posted the discussion. I was just contributing my input to the situation at the time.

I've seen exactly the same chain of communication happening repeatedly with stage-fighting fans rudely stampeding into very advanced HEMA circles and getting hilariously humiliated.

One of the first rules you learn in life and will prove handy all the time: Never overestimate yourself.

Back on the smach. I find it so bizarre that after closing up, they push a set of questions containing stuff which is just what they should have done in the first place. I'm starting to change my mind, maybe they are just naive with a pinch of smart a**ness. It's just that kickstarter has been around long enough that I tend to think people would not do it so badly as they did.

You're seriously not considering yourself a troll after all this? That's clearly what the rest of us think you are.

But it's so rare for a real troll to have anything approaching this level of innocence and naievity.

Exactly so. It was one thing when he was fully on attacking, but it almost feels like kicking a puppy now.

Well, my statement wasn't actually directed at the subject in question... that would suggest some very dark assumptions  :rolleyes:

I always get sad when they stop moving, even after a serious poke or a bite or two.

*sigh*

Now I'll be bored until another one wanders this way.  :(

*nudge nudge*

Hey... little fella... you still there?

....   do you want some cheese?  

*nudge*

Damn... gotta work on keeping em alive longer.  <_<

I want to thank you of you who had my back when I was being called a "troll" ... which was not very fair especially from who was the one who was doing the name calling. I never meant anyone any disrespect, including the person who posted the discussion. I was just contributing my input to the situation at the time.

Just stop being a troll. :p  

Back