Silent progress

Of course we just have to use stickers! With individual RGB backlights behind every button and key! That should be doable: after all, the world global LED shortage is over now that the massive iCP2 LED orders have been retracted.

The real question that everybody is afraid to ask... How much is the bedazzled kit to make the Pyra fabulous!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not legally, but ED has been paying off Craigs debt one way or another.... so helping the preorders, helps ED.
 ED has clearly said anyway there's likely won't be enough Pandora parts to fulfill all preorders, even if he had the money. Plus donations for the pre-orders don't go to make the financials better since these debts are not declared as HIS debts, as I mentioned. So, no, it does not help Dragonbox, it only helps the preorders left by Craig.
What are you talking about? The donation money for the pre-orders goes to EvilDragon. EvilDragon has already made the last batch of Pandoras. Hence, the money for all Pandoras left to ship out are already paid by ED, and any money for donations is money in his pocket and one of those already made Pandoras to be shipped out to an original pre-orderer.
He stated he has no problems selling Pandoras. If he sells a Pandora he makes more profit than if he gives one away for production cost. As he pays no interest on "his" "debts" it's better for him financially (more money for Pyra development) to pay them "back" later, unless Pyra production costs are significantly higher than Pandoras.

He stated he has no problems selling Pandoras. If he sells a Pandora he makes more profit than if he gives one away for production cost. As he pays no interest on "his" "debts" it's better for him financially (more money for Pyra development) to pay them "back" later, unless Pyra production costs are significantly higher than Pandoras.
As I said, who said the discount applied to the pre-order fund? EvilDragon should be shipping a Pandora off to an old Pre-orderer when the pre-order fund gets enough in it to pay the full price of a Pandora. The discount EvilDragon mentioned was about pre-orderers who were going to pay for a Pandora rather than wait on the fund.

-God Ginrai

As I said, who said the discount applied to the pre-order fund? EvilDragon should be shipping a Pandora off to an old Pre-orderer when the pre-order fund gets enough in it to pay the full price of a Pandora. The discount EvilDragon mentioned was about pre-orderers who were going to pay for a Pandora rather than wait on the fund.
I wouldn't expect him to do it that way, unless you have a quote of him actually stating that the discount /doesn't/ apply to the pre order fund.

I am always thinking, ED has a job and is doing the Pandora support/shop and also developing the Pyra (and has a partner if I remember correctly). How does he do it?

He is some kind of time efficiency master or something, as I do not appear to be capable of doing most of that (in a good way) :)

Sorry if this has been covered but is there any indication as to what the pyra will look like. Will it look like Pandora 1. Will it be the same plastic. Will it be the same measurements?? Any indication or mockups that are close?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I am always thinking, ED has a job and is doing the Pandora support/shop and also developing the Pyra (and has a partner if I remember correctly). How does he do it?

He is some kind of time efficiency master or something, as I do not appear to be capable of doing most of that (in a good way) :)

Clearly he's living leveraging a quantum singularity so that he gets 3 days to our 1.  It's an incredible advantage that he needs to share with the rest of us.

Not that I'm complaining.  I'm looking forward to getting my Pyra in Two MonthsTM.

Awesome to see those updates on the Pyra. Keep on with the good work! It was so sad when the Pandora developement blog closed :'(

We'll use latin letters as action buttons, weird symbols on the DPad and greek letters on the keyboard.

Or we just leave it blank and include a waterproof pen for your own layout.
Oh yes! Let's use runes for the keyboard!

ᛈᛁᚱᚨ ᚾᛖᛖᛞᛊ ᛗᛟᚱᛖ ᛈᛟᚾᛁᛖᛊ

We should open a new thread to dicuss the exact layout though ;)

You rock, woohoo!

we can include the following ones:

• 1x Micro USB 3.0 OTG
  • 1x USB-A 2.0 Host Port
  • 1x USB-A 2.0 Host + eSATA Comboport
  • 1x MicroHDMI Port
  • 1x Headset (an internal switch ensures you can both use Apple and normal headsets)
  • 1x Micro USB Debug and charging port
In case you wonder what the Micro USB Debug port is:
It's basically the serial out port. You can connect it to a PC and it will register as USBtty device.
Oooh! :wub:

Sounds good. Speaking of "sounds", another thread made reference to the design of the Pandora's circuitry, where care was taken to avoid introducing as little interference with the audio output as possible. Is this still the situation with Pyra?
IIRC we've had confirmation that it'll use the same amplifier and probably the same DAC (or a very similar one from the same manufacturer), and that it'll feature balanced lines if they are required, like the Pandora has. And now there's the opportunity for MWeston to give it the official seal of approval, it's even better!

ED, you mention all the ports being on the back side of the unit. Is that literally true, or could some of the units be on the front or the sides? I'd have thought it unlikely the head-set/-phones port would be on the back for example, and I was wondering if the sides could be used for any of the ports (the charging/debug micro USB could do for example, as it does on a couple of phones I've owned).

I wouldn't expect him to do it that way, unless you have a quote of him actually stating that the discount /doesn't/ apply to the pre order fund.
 I would, it's the only logical way. Plus, he specifically states that the discount is one option for getting a Pandora and that the donations are another option. Here are some quotes from his Old Preorders FAQ:

• Get a 1GHz unit right away for 300 EUR and optional a second one for 350 EUR. You should have received an eMail with details about that.(please note: while no units are in stock right now, this should change during this month - so you could order and get it right away!)
Discount. Customer still pays ED, just less.

• Get a 1GHz unit for 250 EUR, 200 EUR, 150 EUR or 100 EUR, sponsored with community donations.
Greater Discount. Customer still pays ED, lessened thanks to ED receiving donation money to make up the cost.

Next part has use of bold for emphasis:

• Get a Rebirth Pandora without additional payment. In this case, you'd have to wait until enough profit / donations have been made.
No discount, just a unit provided straight from donation money.

ED, you mention all the ports being on the back side of the unit. Is that literally true, or could some of the units be on the front or the sides? I'd have thought it unlikely the head-set/-phones port would be on the back for example, and I was wondering if the sides could be used for any of the ports (the charging/debug micro USB could do for example, as it does on a couple of phones I've owned).
Why would you think that? The prototype PCB images all have the headphone jack on the back side.

-God Ginrai

Well, assuming the hinge will also be on the back side, this seems unoptimal on the production board - the headset lead would have to run along the underside of the hinge to the side and then over the keyboard to your ears if you were using them while playing, wheras if it's on the other edge, as on the Pandora, it just exits there and runs straight to your ears.

Well, assuming the hinge will also be on the back side, this seems unoptimal on the production board - the headset lead would have to run along the underside of the hinge to the side and then over the keyboard to your ears if you were using them while playing, wheras if it's on the other edge, as on the Pandora, it just exits there and runs straight to your ears.
Or, you could just run the cable under your Pyra...

However, I do agree that the front would probably make more sense for the headset jack.

-God Ginrai

Headset on the side...would do good if you have it on your pocket and are listening to music on the go...volume weel would be nice by its side too.

Headset on the side...would do good if you have it on your pocket and are listening to music on the go...volume weel would be nice by its side too.
so how would you play a game holding it and listen to the audio? Like someone else said earlier you would need a hole in your hand to do so.

so how would you play a game holding it and listen to the audio? Like someone else said earlier you would need a hole in your hand to do so.
SffjJ5K.jpg

coffee. lots and lots of coffee from what ive learned

Back