Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Edit: I couldn't find buddy because it looks like they deleted their account, but they did get their voucher.

It was just odd getting a "pyra is ready to order" email after so many years (first paid in 2016 and transferred it). Well, will have to re-order.

Last edited:
There's and embedded twitter "X" (Sorry Elon) in the main Forums page but it is showing nothing for me

Hi, I recently came to know about Pyra and I'm planning to preorder it this week. However, I can see that updates about this project are not frequent and I have no clue how long my Pyra will take to be ready. Any guess how long it will take if I preorder now. Months? Years?

2. Of course.
If you're new here you may not know what 2 months means, so let me tell you I don't know how long it may take. I kind of think I'll eventually get mine, if I don't die before that, I don't have so many decades left to live, so I don't know.
I haven't cancelled but I think I wouldn't preorder now if I hadn't years ago.
But don't get me wrong, I'm not ED or affiliated with the business in any way, I don't have insider info, and from just gut feeling I don't think there's too much info that can be made public which isn't already. Some units have shipped,
I think maybe even more than a couple hundred ? I don't know. And they more or less keep being sent. Last time seems to have been july 2023. Some people have had a Pyra for more than 2 years now. But some people who preordered in the first week (may 2016) don't have it yet. So it's slow. And I don't see any predictability. And it's nobody's fault. But it's either eventually things get better and hundreds are sent in a month or two, or it stays slow and anyone who preorders now can wait 5 or 8 years. And who knows whether production will be possible in the future ? Many components are already sourced, some may be easily replaceable, many people might cancel and shorten the time... but none knows. No one hides anything, but no one knows. My feeling is if this gets faster you could still preorder in the future when the queue is shorter, with less uncertainity, if it stays slow, waiting a couple of years to poreorder won't get your Pyra significantly later, because there are possibly few new preorders from now to anytime when shipping speed improves.
And since pyras seem to be sold at a loss, preordering more does not even seem to altruistically help, just burden financially ED, so maybe just donate if that's the intention.

Hi, I recently came to know about Pyra and I'm planning to preorder it this week. However, I can see that updates about this project are not frequent and I have no clue how long my Pyra will take to be ready. Any guess how long it will take if I preorder now. Months? Years?
Quite long, people here will say two months™ which is a meme and means we don't know. I would expect at least a year since production is going slow, but it might be sooner.

(this is one of those projects like the pandora where it really pays to be on the list early :D got both my pandora and pyra quite soon, so dont worry about it being vapour ware or something there are real life pyra's out there, I use mine daily, but production is slow)

I placed my preorder in March of 2020. Still waiting.

If too many people request refunds dragonbox will be forced into bankruptcy and it will be revealed that our pre-order payments were commingled and actually spent on hockey movie productions…..

Psyche!!

Seems Pyra orders are still working on 2016 customers in 2023 thats 7 years granted the first years would have the most people

I wonder if 100 people were willing to make donations of $1000 bucks to get there pyra next. If that would get orders moving and ED could refund the difference at the end or not. I would be willing to consider an option like this what about others?

I know the peeps that ordered first should be first but if they are making at a loss and new orders are not coming in cause of the delay we are all stuck. Getting some capital to get things moving would benefit all in the end

Maybe there not 100 people willing to spend 1k to get there's ahead paying more than those before. Maybe the price had so be adjusted for all from this point?

Or maybe more merch hats hirts and hoodies with several pyra logo and designs could fill the gap i would be more interested in those than key chains and mugs. i did see a shirt lately but a few more items would help me pay the shipping. More Merch ED

if its not money im not sure what the hold up is

Well to be fair, I have ordered a copper case, and the have not been shipped yet at all. And within the first day, most of the orders where made, so it takes a while to get beyond that, and after the first week or so the rest would go quickly since orders thin out.

Back