Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Poor ED. No, it's pretty mean. Just take the time, you need, before you fall over

Last edited:
I can remember he made a Tour on the new Assembly Space a few months ago,
but yes, the Pandora got a lot more Video from him than the Pyra.. but this time, i found out how to make these ^^
Maybe he is quite full of work as he also make other stuff in the shop and whe have now "Nightmare before Chrismass" so also lots to do..

once i get one I'll more than likely make videos more so on a few software experiments

The dock project is coming along nicely design wise. There's now officially speaking two versions. One that just connects up to a monitor, mouse and keyboard with optional mic and webcam ports; and another that is built as a cartridge based cyberdeck with the pyra acting as the cartiridge. One feature i am currently looking into is a variation of the dual system principle that was toyed around with in the early 2000s

Basically the pyra would act as a lock and key when connected to a linux based home desktop. So instead of logging in, you would slot in your pyra and the pyra would log into your workstation by itself. To log out, simply remove the pyra. The other core features that will be add is 'Across' mode. Programs available for both pyra and regular linux flavors would connect to each other and you can continue to work on files say if you need more computer power or if you want to take your file with you to work on the go.

it sounds super complicated but it only sounds like that on paper. The only thing im waiting for is an hdmi fix [or i'll exclusively just work on a fix once mine arrives]
been toying around with the pandora(s) that i brought from NearTao a while back. I had an idea of the pandora experience but the expectations i had got blown up and was much more than i could have possibly imagined. A true forefront of tech is an understatement. The looks of shock and awe when i was showing friends the device at arcade meetups really paid for the device itself lol.

he dock project is coming along nicely design wise. There's now officially speaking two versions. One that just connects up to a monitor, mouse and keyboard with optional mic and webcam ports; and another that is built as a cartridge based cyberdeck with the pyra acting as the cartiridge. One feature i am currently looking into is a variation of the dual system principle that was toyed around with in the early 2000s

Basically the pyra would act as a lock and key when connected to a linux based home desktop. So instead of logging in, you would slot in your pyra and the pyra would log into your workstation by itself. To log out, simply remove the pyra. The other core features that will be add is 'Across' mode. Programs available for both pyra and regular linux flavors would connect to each other and you can continue to work on files say if you need more computer power or if you want to take your file with you to work on the go.
Are this just some thoughts and wishes from your side or is there something comming FOR REAL?

Are this just some thoughts and wishes from your side or is there something comming FOR REAL?

this is something i am currently working on.
The release plan is to upload .stl files for the dock along with build instructions for both the different pc dock versions and the 3 cyberdeck versions that have survived the purge list lolol
Another file for general set up will be included as well. The only thing really is just waiting to complete my order, alternatively someone is selling their EU pyra and i've been highly tempted to grab that just to speed up development.

once i get one I'll more than likely make videos more so on a few software experiments

The dock project is coming along nicely design wise. There's now officially speaking two versions. One that just connects up to a monitor, mouse and keyboard with optional mic and webcam ports; and another that is built as a cartridge based cyberdeck with the pyra acting as the cartiridge. One feature i am currently looking into is a variation of the dual system principle that was toyed around with in the early 2000s

it sounds super complicated but it only sounds like that on paper. The only thing im waiting for is an hdmi fix [or i'll exclusively just work on a fix once mine arrives]
been toying around with the pandora(s) that i brought from NearTao a while back. I had an idea of the pandora experience but the expectations i had got blown up and was much more than i could have possibly imagined. A true forefront of tech is an understatement. The looks of shock and awe when i was showing friends the device at arcade meetups really paid for the device itself lol.
Maybe that might be of relevance:

Someone once mentioned it here. And I have my eye on how it comes along ever since.

Maybe that might be of relevance:

Someone once mentioned it here. And I have my eye on how it comes along ever since.
Very relevant to my interests, thank you for this information!

Holy shit! That sounds crazy! Look in the trading section, @Inqui sells his pyra and currently he's lookong for buyers
Ah i messaged them a bit ago, i have no idea what the pricing would be for that so I'm going with a seller's choice approach to it.

@EvilDragon

Any thoughts on an updated video or livestream to talk about the state of things, or maybe show off the new assembly area and space? I think I, and many others enjoyed hearing from you on camera.
I think it's been a few years now since there's been a real community QA (or livestream) where we're mainly focused on the breadth of the Pyra, from Assembly, to Software and any hardware issues or things being worked on.
Perhaps your thoughts on what the future could hold, maybe if something like a CPU upgrade board is even being considered in the future, etc.
I'm waiting for the new samples with the new battery compartments before I record the video.

The new assembly area is still a bit chaotic - I'm moving everything (the shop as well) into the new rooms between Christmas and New year - so I have something to show here in January :)

I'm waiting for the new samples with the new battery compartments before I record the video.

The new assembly area is still a bit chaotic - I'm moving everything (the shop as well) into the new rooms between Christmas and New year - so I have something to show here in January :)
No worries at all ED, I'm sure we'd all appreciate any kind of bone you can throw us! Plus it might give an opportunity to talk about some of the lesser known things going on behind the scenes!

Looking forward to it!

He was technically correct, the best kind of correct. As there was no year 0, this decade still has two days left while his unit shipped yesterday.
Edit: And even had it delivered on the very last day. Not even close!
I believe, you are possibly wrong about this for reasons that you may disagree with. The year 1BC is 0AD. So there was a year 0, in a way that people at the time wouldn't have known about. Similarly, 2 BC is -1AD. Both 1BC, and 1AD are meaningless dates, set arbitrarily. So, we don't even have to think about that. What even makes a decade worth thinking about at all? I argue that it's the magical point where (a series of) 9s turn(s) into zeros. It's the turnover of numbers to reset to 0 that makes us think of new beginnings, not the least significant position turning from 0 to 1. So 2009 to 2010 is not that great, 1999 to 2000, that is a perceived new beginning, start of something new, starting at many zeros. This happens every 10 years, so people call that "a change in decade", or ssomething similar. It's not a problem of being able to count or not. In addition, just to drive home how meaningless this is: if a decade is 10 years, than any date in 2003 to the same date in 2013 are 10 years, a decade. So, I would argue that we shouldn't even think too deeply about "this" decade or whatever.

I believe, you are possibly wrong about this for reasons that you may disagree with. The year 1BC is 0AD. So there was a year 0, in a way that people at the time wouldn't have known about. Similarly, 2 BC is -1AD. Both 1BC, and 1AD are meaningless dates, set arbitrarily. So, we don't even have to think about that. What even makes a decade worth thinking about at all? I argue that it's the magical point where (a series of) 9s turn(s) into zeros. It's the turnover of numbers to reset to 0 that makes us think of new beginnings, not the least significant position turning from 0 to 1. So 2009 to 2010 is not that great, 1999 to 2000, that is a perceived new beginning, start of something new, starting at many zeros. This happens every 10 years, so people call that "a change in decade", or ssomething similar. It's not a problem of being able to count or not. In addition, just to drive home how meaningless this is: if a decade is 10 years, than any date in 2003 to the same date in 2013 are 10 years, a decade. So, I would argue that we shouldn't even think too deeply about "this" decade or whatever.
I can't wait for the 0th of January to celebrate new years!

derailed.jpeg

Ugggg. Still waiting. How much longer? I have so many things I want to do when I finally get my Pyra.

I ordered a $1400 "Pyra Prototype" on October 17, 2015. According to the top post in this thread, I should have received my email regarding my preorder by now. But the last email I got regarding my preorder was in early 2016, asking me what color case I wanted.

According to the top post in this thread I should email shop@dragonbox.de to follow up. I emailed Michael last June, and again December 31st, with the full details. I didn't receive a response either time.

What am I doing wrong?

Back