Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Once my Old Phone fell on the ground from my pocket when whe stand on the gas station whit the Unimog , it got a bit tear but at least it’s was still fine , but this wasn’t a Smartphone but a Sony K700i

And I crashed my Pandora when it’s fell from my desk whyle i tried to fix the Case ..
It’s also still working, it was a shock for me but then I began to Puzzle back the parts,
Maybe the Microphone gots bend to much and I broke the right shoulderbutton which is also a reason why I don’t use it that often anymore: you need this but for Reflash..

Btw, is there a Pyra-Repo or do the Pandora-Repo apps / emulators work on the Pyra? Still waiting for the order- invitation-email. Thanks

No the Pandora apps are written with an older floating point calling routine which won't work on the Pyra, and probably link against older libraries that aren't present on an up-to-date system like the Pyra. There is a Pyra repo linked from the pyra dropdown above (here, in case you can't find it), but there isn't quite as much stuff as there was on the Pandora repo just yet.

So for the less knowledgeable amongst us, does that mean there’s no possibility of backwards-compatibility in future?

So for the less knowledgeable amongst us, does that mean there’s no possibility of backwards-compatibility in future?
No, there likely could be some method, but it would require a bit of work and not sure it's worth it as most of everything is open source and can be compiled to the Pyra anyway.

Last edited:
It was the same with pandora and gp2x but ginge was very useful for a short period of time. I remember using fba through ginge for some time.
A small problem we have is that the people saying "it happened on the pandora" (me included) are still here but somehow there are less people that made it happen. People like notaz, exophase,ari64 I just hope there are enough of likes of those around!

Well i decided to take a refund as i need the cash for other things at this point. I am not sure i would use a pyra enough to justify it. I do however have a pyra with link. Is link still active? It could be a while before link gets them in stock though

A small problem we have is that the people saying "it happened on the pandora" (me included) are still here but somehow there are less people that made it happen. People like notaz, exophase,ari64 I just hope there are enough of likes of those around!

Indeed. This what I fear, not getting more developers interested in Pyra.

There are already some new people that are making great achievements mostly by themselves.

Also I see many old ones that are more active now than they was with the Pandora.

I'm pretty confident that with time, the interested ones will find their way to the device.

Indeed. This what I fear, not getting more developers interested in Pyra.

They will come, I'd say I'm one of them. Im just patiently waiting for mine currently lol. I would have started on one of the other laptops i have here but I don't want to make any mistakes or overlook something that the pyra has that my system does not have [the accelerator for example]. So I'm just building a list of stuff I would like to see on the pyra and keeping my eye to some of the other devs to burn the time til the pyra gets here.

They will come, I'd say I'm one of them. Im just patiently waiting for mine currently lol. I would have started on one of the other laptops i have here but I don't want to make any mistakes or overlook something that the pyra has that my system does not have [the accelerator for example]. So I'm just building a list of stuff I would like to see on the pyra and keeping my eye to some of the other devs to burn the time til the pyra gets here.
Thanks a lot for telling. To me it is a small relief hearing that there are devs just waiting for their Pyras.

Apologies for not having read through this thread, but is there an updated time frame for when we should expect to see an email? I have no idea what my number is, but I'm sure I'm late in the stack.

Apologies for not having read through this thread, but is there an updated time frame for when we should expect to see an email? I have no idea what my number is, but I'm sure I'm late in the stack.
Page 1 contains the latest number. There was a delay as ED was testing all of the boards instead of just building units to ship. We've made it to 150, so still a long way to go.

Back