Should I have received my final order eMail already?

I would be happy to get a Pyra as a kit and assemble it myself. It would be a chance to mod a bit, maybe add thermal pads here or there.

I would be happy to get a Pyra as a kit and assemble it myself. It would be a chance to mod a bit, maybe add thermal pads here or there.

I'm not sure I'd want to sell those kit if I was the Pyra seller. From what I've heard the case need modifications, like sanding at places or cutting something or whatever.
So it's not just a kit that people can mount. If people mount them without altering the case, some issues may arise, and complicate post-purchase service.
If they would sell the kits with the modifications already made, them the time to prepare the kits would be close to the time to prepare a fully built Pyra, so little point.
I don't know. Maybe it depends on the user skills, but it would also require more extensive mechanical documentation...

Still wondering when I will get my pre ordered pyra. The order number XXXXXXX for my preorder does not seem to work on your links for delivery. This is 2024 and Iwoild like to know if you have any plans to deliver
As I understood it, once everything was finalized then RS would start to assemble the pyra. This did not happen, but rather each pyra is hand assembled during a lunch break. Meaning 1 pyra a week might roll off the .. production line... can we call it that? Expect a long long long wait. It is highly unlikely for anything to change at all with regards to increasing production.

It was first the masterplan to let GC assemble the Pyra but then it was found out the Case needs that much manuall afterwork that it would be much too expensive to let this do the employes of Global Components, , remember: The whole Pyra had become allready much more expensive to make than its selling price ..

I'm not sure I'd want to sell those kit if I was the Pyra seller. From what I've heard the case need modifications, like sanding at places or cutting something or whatever.
So it's not just a kit that people can mount. If people mount them without altering the case, some issues may arise, and complicate post-purchase service.
If they would sell the kits with the modifications already made, them the time to prepare the kits would be close to the time to prepare a fully built Pyra, so little point.
I don't know. Maybe it depends on the user skills, but it would also require more extensive mechanical documentation...
I have a 3d printer, give me the STLs and components and let me build it, I say.

I'm not sure I understand the situation correctly. But I think nobody has the STLs to give away, even if that person wanted to give them away. AFAIK there're physical molds made, which come from some digital design, but then were physically tweaked afterwards, and then there are physical tweaks to the case produced with those molds. So if there is a stl, that's not the exact version needed. So before giving aways stls someone would need to create or modify them, test that they produce somethign useful, and then license and publish them.

Then there are possible differences in flexibility, strength or thermal properties between the current cases and whatever one can build with a 3D printer, but I don't know well enough about that difference if any.

At least that's the picture in my mind. Maybe I just don't get it.

Back