Should I Get A New 3g Iphone...

lubidog

Hello.

As we all know, the new 3g Iphone is coming. As will all the apple fanbois on 11th July.

Now, I love my Ipod classic and my little shuffle. I have tried all the alternatives, but as a busy, sexy and incredibly successful young man I just want the easiest options so I use Itunes and am happy. I love the ipod life, podcasts and everything included. I love the idea of the app store. I love the idea of wearing polo neck sweaters.

But I have a N95, an EEE PC, all the gaming consoles I could wish for, a great camera. My pockets are bulging and it doesn't look nice. Woman get the wrong idea, it's actually quite small (not!)

So, should I on July 11th get to my local o2 store and queue up for a new 16 gig Iphone? They are just so damn sexy!

Or should I get banned for making a thread just to boast about how utterly incredible I am because I 'have things'?

Hey, donno if you know this or not the the iPhone 3G isn't going to be available on the 11th, its due 2 weeks later, only the 8Gb version will be around on the 11th.

Just buy one and have done with it. You obviously want one and have the money to do so, being so incredibly successful in your life. It'll slim your pockets slightly and increase your sexyness.

On the other hand, who thinks I should just ban your ass, as you suggest? ;)

horrain said:
Hey, donno if you know this or not the the iPhone 3G isn't going to be available on the 11th, its due 2 weeks later, only the 8Gb version will be around on the 11th.

just been searching the net, but can't find that fact anywhere. Please don't answer with proof as I want da 16 gig one!!!! Any colour as long as it's black will be fine!

And yes, I would ban me as when I have this iphone I will be far too sexy for all you sad geeks here, and will probably highlight your sad, unwashed lives a little too sharply.

Last edited by a moderator:
lubidog said:
I want da 16 gig one!!!! Any colour as long as it's black will be fine!
Too bad for you, the 16GB only comes in white :D

PlopperZ said:
lubidog said:

Not true plopper boy!

lubidog said:
PlopperZ said:
lubidog said:

Not true plopper boy!

Oh, well that's what I get for trusting Wikipedia. :p

EDIT:
...or maybe I should learn to read

Color: Black (8 GB or 16 GB) or white (16 GB)

lubidog said:
I have tried all the alternatives, but as a busy, sexy and incredibly successful young man I just want the easiest options so I use Itunes and am happy.
Fixed that for ya, gramps :p

fishybawb said:
lubidog said:
I have tried all the alternatives, but as a busy, sexy and incredibly successful young man I just want the easiest options so I use Itunes and am happy.
Fixed that for ya, gramps :p

38! Still young and damn handsome!

horrain said:

Humph! i've just had confirmation that the 16 gig WILL be available on the 11th, ya tyke!

lubidog said:
horrain said:

Humph! i've just had confirmation that the 16 gig WILL be available on the 11th, ya tyke!

It's just one more pricey, shiny thing that will end up in a dump in 4 years.

lubidog said:
And yes, I would ban me as when I have this iphone I will be far too sexy for all you sad geeks here, and will probably highlight your sad, unwashed lives a little too sharply.
You may be able to buy the Iphone but can you afford the service plan? Here in Canada its a 3 year contract @ $60 a month plus a $7 service fee. Talk about sheer greed. I may be a sad geek but I ain't stoopid.

DisgruntleElf said:
lubidog said:
You may be able to buy the Iphone but can you afford the service plan? Here in Canada its a 3 year contract @ $60 a month plus a $7 service fee. Talk about sheer greed. I may be a sad geek but I ain't stoopid.

Here it ain't too bad (in uk! Going home from Germany and I am so glad!!!) it 45 GBP a month for lots of minutes and texts!

CABBAGES said:
iphone is utter shite. whats wrong with your n95 ? i have the n95 8gb and its great and can do more than the iphone

The n95 is a great phone, but why should it be either or? I want both dammit!!!

I have gadget envy bad....

As i am told, the iPhone's bluetooth can only be used to connect to a headset (MONO only if i remember correctly...) and the only way to transfer stuff(without haxx) is through iTunes.
And there is no video capture for the phone's camera, still shots only.
If all you want is bragging rights then go for it :p IMO it isn't that good of a phone..
N95 all the way! :lol: Some of my mates and my cousin has one.
But i have noticed that the N95 8GB is slower, more laggy than the N95 original.

aaron11193 said:
As i am told, the iPhone's bluetooth can only be used to connect to a headset (MONO only if i remember correctly...) and the only way to transfer stuff(without haxx) is through iTunes.
And there is no video capture for the phone's camera, still shots only.
If all you want is bragging rights then go for it :p IMO it isn't that good of a phone..
N95 all the way! :lol: Some of my mates and my cousin has one.
But i have noticed that the N95 8GB is slower, more laggy than the N95 original.

I have the original n95, and if the n95 8gig is any laggier then wow! It's a great phone, but just not sexy. The camera is okay, but so slow to use. For stills I still use my k800i or just my canon. For video capture it's great but again slow to process. And yes, I have the latest firmware. Not dissing the phone, just have always had the impression that I haven't had as much fun out of it that I should have had. the UI makes the whole thing just a bit too much hard work to enjoy it.

Bragging rights? Why would I need to brag about anything. I am just so damn cool and sexy that bragging is not needed here at all. One so wonderful as me, and so well gadgeted hardly needs to brag.

Have I laboured this point enough yet?

Back