What Should I Get?

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I'm going to be buying something but I'm torn as to what. I'm leaning towards an iPod or an iPad basically because of all the apps and games etc. But I've never owned my own laptop so I'm also thinking about that as well. I'm not sure how much use a laptop would get though as I have one for work but it's not really mine and my wife also has one I can use. It would be entirely for entertainment purposes mind you so maybe even a netbook instead of a laptop?

Help me out here. What would you guys get and why?

BTW, can an iPad play any game or emulator and use any app that an iPod can? Do they all have to be ported meaning that the iPad doesn't have nearly the amount the iPod and iPhone do?

It depends on how much you care about things like programming, using a normal keyboard and mouse, etc.
If you don't care about those, maybe get an iPod.

Orion4874 said:
BTW, can an iPad play any game or emulator and use any app that an iPod can? Do they all have to be ported meaning that the iPad doesn't have nearly the amount the iPod and iPhone do?

If you want iPod functionality, get an ipod. i can garuantee you that apple will fight tooth-and-nail to keep most things to only one system, and they will also fight harder against hacking (or whatever the apple people call it) than for the ipod.

Added bonus, you end up throwing less money down the sink that is the apple sales department.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an owner of both, I recommend a laptop - especially if you don't have one yet.

Orion4874 said:
I know they're upgrading the iPhone with the iPad inards. Will they be doing the same with the iPod Touch? I might hold off if that's the case.

Don't forget that Apple drop support for things after two or three years. Proper kick in the face that.

SomeGuy99 said:
Orion4874 said:
I know they're upgrading the iPhone with the iPad inards. Will they be doing the same with the iPod Touch? I might hold off if that's the case.

Don't forget that Apple drop support for things after two or three years. Proper kick in the face that.
You know, I've never bought an Apple product because of their history. My wife has an iPod U2 edition and she has erased her entire library a couple of times by hitting the wrong button in iTunes, seemed very annoying! I've had a Sansa for a few years now and it's never let me down. So if I did get an Ipod Touch I'm not even sure I would use it for music. Is that a waste? Just buying it for games and such? Decisions, Decisions!!!!!!

Dude, you are a posting machine, LOL! Been here 2 months and you already have 1300 posts, damn man!!!!

Sphinxter, I was actually thinking about the Odroid. Do you own one? Is there a good community behind it?

Orion4874 said:
Dude, you are a posting machine, LOL! Been here 2 months and you already have 1300 posts, damn man!!!!

Might be the one line replies.

I've got an asus eee pc T91MT which I've been quite enjoying. It's a convertible netbook/tablet (with resistive multitouch), sort of the best of both worlds. I love folding it up & holding it to watch movies. Also, like the pandora, it's got 2 sd card slots. The battery life is pretty decent too at 5-7 hrs. oh, and it's cheaper & more versatile than any iProduct.

Back