Release SHMUP

mcobit

Advanced Member
Last edited by a moderator:
I can see if I can make it use the dpad and buttons, but as it was coded for idevices and android, this might be a lot of work.

Edit: You can try to use an external mouse for better control.

Nub is ok for movement.

The right nub is the problem.

EDIT:

Touchscreen movement is broken.

Ship is not where stylus is.

Hmmm. The firebuttons should be easy to map to the actionkeys. I'll see what I can do.

:ph34r:

I've edited my last post.

Touchscreen is broken.

EDIT:

The video shows some buttons on the bottom of the screen.

Seems as those are the android buttons.

Could you make the small ones visible?

Without them you don't know when the second weapon is charged.

It is relative to a position you are touching. This is ok, as you might want to see your ship while avoiding a ton of bullets ;)

New version on the repo:

Rewrote half of the SDL inputcode...

Build 2:
- Added support for D-Pad movement
- Added support for actionbuttons:
A / Y: Shoot
X / B: Second Attack

I'll definitely give this a try when I get the chance. From the screenshot it looks like this is a portrait game, does that mean most of the screen is black? Could you rotate the display to make it a horizontal shooter? (so you can play it horizontally holding the Pandora normally, or as originally intended by holding it sideways).

That would be possible, but as it is now, you can use the black space on the sides to use the stylus on. This way you do not need to move it over the playfield while playing.

But I will give it a try if I find the time. Might be that I just make the rotation optional.

The keys would also have to be changed if you rotate it.

Gah! All those nice nub-enabled games and both of mine are dead.

/goes away to sulking under the table

Fortunately you can play this with dpad nubs or touchscreen.

Some people requested to turn the game by 90 degrees to make use of all of the screenspace.

Although this would be possible, I would need to learn more about gl to do that.

If anyone else wants to try, the source is in the pnd.

I will maybe come back to it later.

Although this would be possible, I would need to learn more about gl to do that.

If anyone else wants to try, the source is in the pnd.
Probably Lunixbochs could tell you how to do that. While I requested this I have close to zero knowledge on openGL so I'll have to rely on somebody else to help. 

I already asked him. If he wants, he can do it himself I guess, but as I want to learn about opengl anyway, I would do it if I have enough knowledge.

If somebody else wants to do it before me, go ahead :)

I assume by this, it's not just a simple case of a glRotatef() just after any glLoadIdentity()?

I guess the other way would be a function that you can pass in a vertex array, and it'll translate all the offsets by 90deg, just before the drawing routines.

Back