Shipping On The 4Th?

Right, so, everything might be here on the 12th.

Interestingly there will be about 1500 completed boards - about 700 of which won't need the mod.

craigix said:
Interestingly there will be about 1500 completed boards - about 700 of which won't need the mod.
Didn't they say 500 per week, hoping to go faster as they progress? Starting from April 1st, even if they stayed at 500 per week they should have about 3000 boards by mid May, no? 2700 at least (4 weeks in April plus a couple weeks to ship, plus whatever you already have) with the remainder showing up 2 or 3 weeks later.
(Unless I've missed something, sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

Ok so what you are saying is as soon as a week (or possibly sooner) from the 12th REAL Pandora's will be shipped?

He's saying everything may be there by the 12th so they can start building Pandoras. They have 700 which need modding, they'll be getting aprox. another 800 by the 12th (100 of those may need modding).

I have to assume at some point they stopped building boards and than began again which is why they dont have more boards... either that or they moved a lot slower than they claimed they could for what ever reason. ANyway I dont think the team could fairly guess when the Pandora's will be done until they actually have all the parts in house. Sure it'd be nice to estimate another date but supposed they find something is missing like a bunch of B buttons.

Alpha2 said:
He's saying everything may be there by the 12th so they can start building Pandoras. They have 700 which need modding, they'll be getting aprox. another 800 by the 12th (100 of those may need modding).

I have to assume at some point they stopped building boards and than began again which is why they dont have more boards... either that or they moved a lot slower than they claimed they could for what ever reason. ANyway I dont think the team could fairly guess when the Pandora's will be done until they actually have all the parts in house. Sure it'd be nice to estimate another date but supposed they find something is missing like a bunch of B buttons.
The Batteries are still missing I think he also means they might be there on the 12th.

If they really only did about 800 boards during the last month, it would take another three months at that speed to do the remaining 2500 ones. I hope Craig can explain what's wrong with those numbers.

nice to know a date however in the past announcing a date has always been cursed lol good luck guys fingers and toes crossed

Xtreme2k said:
If they really only did about 800 boards during the last month, it would take another three months at that speed to do the remaining 2500 ones. I hope Craig can explain what's wrong with those numbers.
So they spent one Friday afternoon doing our cases. We now need them to commit a whole day to the remainder. Have you never considered that they might have other jobs that they find more exciting to do? So many people on this board with no concept of real life whatsoever.

Alpha2 said:

Michael will leave as soon as the cases are picked up, so that he can do the mod until the cases arrive :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Michael will leave as soon as the cases are picked up, so that he can do the mod until the cases arrive :)
I remember that once the Chinese gave you a fake parcel number. Before he leaves make sure that this parcel number isn't fake :)

Imagine if OPT had used a chinese company for board production instead of the good ole USA omg what a nightmare that would have been ,after all said and done don't you think OPT have made more good decisions than bad i think they have it spot on.

This is for Craig or Ed ,now that time is getting on ,things are looking better progress made and all that ,do you guys need help with anything that us forum members could do ? i don't know but anything that we could do to help would keep us busy and take some pressure off you guys ,also Craig how is the store progress going ? and Ed how is the software for the OS ,in particular how is media playback currently ,and what about the dev fund or other funds for the guys that will be going to Craig's to help with production.

cheers guys

Paddy

craigix said:

I'm not usually the one to say something like this, but... please don't use the term "everything" unless you mean "everything needed to make the entire first batch". You probably mean "everything needed to start making the first batch", which is different, because there can still be delays between pandoras ~1000-4000 other than assembly. It's not the most probable case, but seeing how nicely things not in your control have happened in time so far... I wouldn't take any chances communicating that you have everything needed for people to finally get their pandoras if you don't. I'm somewhere between 1400 and 1500 myself, and I would hate to think that I'll get mine as soon as youo put it together only to hear that you only had 1000 cases and the factory missed another deadline because the painting company suddenly ceased to exist or something. When you say everything, mean everything. No buts, no excepts. Thank you.

TylerAW said:
craigix said:

Ok so what you are saying is as soon as a week (or possibly sooner) from the 12th REAL Pandora's will be shipped?

Lol there's gotta be a response like that to pretty much EVERY date Craig has posted in the last couple of months :)

Honestly, I don't care about the first assembly dates, I don't care about any Pandoras in the first 1,000. It's nice progress and all, but 3/4 of the preorders are not in that first 1000, so I'd wager that 3/4 of your customers primarily want to know about Pandoras 1,001 - 4,000 of which there has been terribly little news. It's nice to know about the production starting with the first 1/4 of the first run, but mine isn't in that first 1/4 so it's trivia to me.

What's the story with Pandoras 1,001 to 4,000?

Dauric said:
Honestly, I don't care about the first assembly dates, I don't care about any Pandoras in the first 1,000. It's nice progress and all, but 3/4 of the preorders are not in that first 1000, so I'd wager that 3/4 of your customers primarily want to know about Pandoras 1,001 - 4,000 of which there has been terribly little news. It's nice to know about the production starting with the first 1/4 of the first run, but mine isn't in that first 1/4 so it's trivia to me.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

Dauric said:

I've intentionally resisted asking what my pre-order number is so that I can get excited about these first thousand.

There is a 3/4 chance this strategy is going backfire on me and result in bitter disappointment, but that's Future-Me. Present-Me is happy to be optimistic.

VRAndy said:
I've intentionally resisted asking what my pre-order number is so that I can get excited about these first thousand.

There is a 3/4 chance this strategy is going backfire on me and result in bitter disappointment, but that's Future-Me. Present-Me is happy to be optimistic.
Future-me went back and told present-me not to cancel my pre-order and said it was totally worth it. Well present-me kicked future-me's ass and took his time machine and went back and is now in possession of my pandora... that son of a bitch. HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING IT ASSHOLE!!!

Back