Shipping On The 4Th?

benji_stein said:
What has the factory ever done to make up believe they can create cases (not the moulds, but the final plastic products) as fast as this? They *claim* they can do it in a few days, but they never have. They've missed every single deadline they've promised us.

Two things:
1. They produced the 200 test cases within one afternoon (remember the picture with the hordes of case parts?)
2. THEY might be working slow - but they're using standard mould injection machines, and once they're setup, they work that fast. I don't think they bought extra lazy machines from the manufacturer ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Two things:
1. They produced the 200 test cases within one afternoon (remember the picture with the hordes of case parts?)

Well, the way I remember it is that almost all of the pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mfk.pandora/MassProductionSamples
#
were of simple things - styluses, battery covers, shoulder buttons, and the like.

The exception (in my mind) was of the keyboard-holder pieces:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mfk.pandora/MassProductionSamples#5447731485285091666
but there were only about a dozen and a half of those (two pictures, but could be repeats), and for all we know, they could have been from earlier testing runs.

Moreover, I'm not sure how long it was between the "go" and the photos - I remember a few days, but can't look it up right now. If it took time, then maybe the production isn't as fast, if it was the same afternoon that they'd "promised" to do the run, then it's possible they started earlier for some reason (you never know).

If, in fact, it was the same afternoon that they got a green light, it's still possible that they already had the simple parts in quantity, because they might have run off some of those before the official approval, because the moulds were good, and didn't need changes.

Yes, I'm grasping at straws, but I've seen little to no reason to believe any estimates they've told us.

EvilDragon said:
2. THEY might be working slow - but they're using standard mould injection machines, and once they're setup, they work that fast. I don't think they bought extra lazy machines from the manufacturer ;)

I'm not familiar enough with IM machines to be able to comment on that. Maybe they're old, arthritic machines, instead? Maybe the complicated pieces need extra time to go through. Either way, not one of their estimates has been close to accurate. They've fallen through every time. And maybe it's not entirely them this time, but they also had said that the painting (or even silkscreening) was only supposed to take a day or two, and look at us now.

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
WizardStan said:
I'm pretty sure that if you think putting your Pandora in your mouth is a good idea, there's not a lot more damage the lead is going to do to you :p
I thought you could soak lead in through the skin, and all types of bad things happen in the long term, birth defects, cancer crap like that?
I do not believe is soaks through your skin. On the other hand, obviously none of the problems attributed to lead based paint were on items that are intended to be put in ones mouth, so you might has well be arguing that it should be used on everything.

Edit typo

jumpman said:
worzyl said:
EvilDragon said:
She told him that the cases had in fact been produced but the painting company (yep, it's a different company) couldn't paint it yet.

Just out of interest, is the company doing the painting the same ones who would of done the silkscreening?
Please, don't open that can of worms! :p

Chris

Ahhhh..heh heh! Sorry (point taken :) )

not to be mean but the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result

guess that makes us all a little crazy

^ I have done that lots of times. Since there is absolutely no way to ensure that all the circumstances remain identical, I think expecting a different result is reasonable.

EvilDragon said:
marshal said:
On the 7th ?? lol

And to imagine Craig said he intended to ship the first pandora today !!

Well, that was when we were told everything is produced and painted.
Now they're actually painting right now...

damn!! if the case factory owner was Pinocchio, his nose would be in USA by now!!

Hari G said:
damn!! if the case factory owner was Pinocchio, his nose would be in USA by now!!

Cool, strap the cases to it and swing it around a few countries.

EvilDragon said:
hells_dark said:
So..err..what's the new date ?

Pickup by UPS on May 7th.
Ok so we will finnaly get the cases YAY and we have the BOARDS YAY. But what about the LCD, NUBS, Batteries etc.....

At the very least, the batteries *are* in the UK. :p I wouldn't worry too much, myself.

EvilDragon said:
Pickup by UPS on May 7th.

Chinese have cell phones, don't they? Why don't they send a photo of the boxes waiting to be picked up?

Question to Chinese Factory: Have you shipped the cases yet?
A. Yes, although there might be a delay with UPS due to the volcano.

Question to UPS: Have you shipped order number XYZ?
A. No, we don't even have that order.

Question to Chinese Factor: Are you sure you shipped that order?
A. Yes.

Question to Chinese Factory: Are you positive?
A. Yes

<2 weeks pass>

Question to Chinese Factory: About those cases... Have you really shipped them?
A. How can we ship them when we haven't painted them yet?

Q: But I thought you said that... the other week... *sigh* okay when will you really ship them.
A. Yesterday.

Q: Yesterday?!
A. Sorry, we meant tomorrow, next week.

Q. Is that tomorrow or next week?
A. Tuesday of next week.

Q. Well, I guess that's okay - I feel reasonably confident you guys are telling the truth this time.
A. Sorry if there has being any language communication errors. But I can assure you the cases will definitely start being painted Tuesday of next week.

Q. Started painting? I thought you said they would be shipping Tuesday of next week?
A. No that's when we will start looking for a company to paint them for you.

Q. You haven't even found out who is going to paint them yet?
A. No, it's not Wednesday of next week yet.

Q. WEDNESDAY? I thought it was going to be Tuesday??!!!
A. Well we can start looking for somewhere to start painting them on Tuesday if you like, although it doesn't seem very worth while when we are not going to be receiving the paint until two weeks on Friday.

Q. Sod it, we'll paint them ourselves, please ship them now.
A. No problem, we still switch the new mould machine online on the 28th of a month this year, and start producing 10,000 cases a day as soon as the machine has warmed up.

Q. WHAT? I THOUGHT YOU HAD THE CASES MADE ALREADY?
A. Which cases?

Q. ....
A. Thank you for shopping with Chinese Factor!

Q. ....
A. If you have any other problems do not hesitate to contact us. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.

Q. ...

;)
That Q&A sounds like you really talked to them.... naaaaah. It's not THAT bad... but VERY very close...

Back