Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
The problem is their moulds only last about 10k pieces before they are damaged. I think they make them from aluminium rather than steel.
Yupp, I've also read something like this. ^^
I forget that you will sell probably more than 10K Units so it really would be stupid to make Moulds that only last for maximum 10000 Pieces. So "our" moulds are made of solid steel? Sounds good. :)
I wonder, what mould material has to be used, if the case itself would be made out of metal?

I'd guess they put aluminium in a steel mould.

That reminds me of what might be an urban myth, but allegedly if CocaCola stopped printing on their cans and just moulded their logo in to the aluminium can it would stop the equivalent pollution of the UK each day.

lol that sounds like a urban myth to me... quite a good one though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tensuke said:
snip*

Also, it hasn't snowed down here since '95. :(
I need to escape up north for the holidays one of these years...

Being from New York a relatively recent resident of Savannah, from what I can gather the famous "Blizzard of 95" was mostly sleet, a concept that most people I've encountered know little about. I wasn't there, so I could be wrong. And I support 100% escaping to the north for the holidays.

Any updates on the cases? Did Michael hook up with UPS today? Or will monday be the "BIG" day?

Chris

jumpman said:
Any updates on the cases? Did Michael hook up with UPS today? Or will monday be the "BIG" day?

Chris
I think he might have the new cases right now. But I have no idea when he will give the green or red light.

WolfSpider said:
I think he might have the new cases right now. But I have no idea when he will give the green or red light.
Yeah, the day is over, and on the German blog it said MWeston missed the UPS man yesterday.. Hopefully he didn't do it again today.

Unless he's waiting until midnight wherever he is to post the green light declaration as a new year's thing. Probably not, but that would be cool.

Aethix said:
Unless he's waiting until midnight wherever he is to post the green light declaration as a new year's thing. Probably not, but that would be cool.
And launch a green firework and post it on youtube. :p

BUT of course we should prepare for the worst case Scenario: NO green light because the Factory messed it up again. ^^""
Another week or 2 and after that maybe another week or two and so on. I don't want to be pessimistic but its more easy to have a positive surprise when you calculate with a negative one instead of vice versa. ;)

fusion_power said:
BUT of course we should prepare for the worst case Scenario: NO green light because the Factory messed it up again. ^^""
Another week or 2 and after that maybe another week or two and so on. I don't want to be pessimistic but its more easy to have a positive surprise when you calculate with a negative one instead of vice versa. ;)
Well, I'm really looking forward to next week being a BIG news week. Hopefully the cases get the go ahead, Craig sounds fairly positive that these will be good! I know the case has been the biggest hurdle over the last 6 months, so hopefully they can turn em out ASAP! But when it's all said and done, deep down, I'm sure something else will happen to hold everything up!

Chris

im already prepared for the delay of monday, when we find out the cases havent been shipped. each day it gets worse and worse trying to be positive, but I dont blame my self, as im use to it. we will see what the new delay will be come monday.

Back