Sdio Wifi B/g

The article says you have to install the proper drivers. I highly doubt they have drivers for the GP2X.

If drivers were available, how many gp2x users would be interested in buying a wifi card?

We're working on getting the 802.11b version working for another gp2x related project.

Dude all the people who don't plan on buying a craiginator, or just want wifi on gp2x would buy one.

still my issue is being able to utilize a another part of the unit for storage....

I know it has 64mb nand but thats kinda tiny...

if you could set up a usb host from the EXT port. and be able to pop in a thumb drive that would be cool.

I was also considering a 5pin mini b to A converter but I just don't think thats gonna get the job done.

that looks great, if someone rebuilds the drivers for gp2x. the site says there are drivers for linux based samsung pocket-things, but i doubt anything from that can be used, even if the source was released.
either way it would be great!!!

I mailed the company sometime back asking them for official driver support and they bluntly rejected that inquiry. They were not seeming willing to open their driver base eighter which seemed like a heavily modified stock mmc module and with no further wlan stack required.

There is a precompiled driver (for arm-linux!!) in existance but it does not fit the kernel version which the gp2x uses.

ivanixgames said:
If drivers were available, how many gp2x users would be interested in buying a wifi card?

We're working on getting the 802.11b version working for another gp2x related project.
And who, may I ask, are you? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMars said:
ivanixgames said:

He has a website in his sig. Nothing about the gp2x there though...

linoleum13 said:
OMars said:
ivanixgames said:

He has a website in his sig. Nothing about the gp2x there though...

I just went there, and there are quite a few pics of the gp2x, or something very similar to it.

ivanixgames said:

I just realized that you should make a poll for this very topic. I think that a lot of people would get this, as it would would bring new possibilities for this system.

Well I'm still waiting on my f200...or unless someone has an f100 lying around and a few dollars to buy the card.

Still I got another issue and thats storage... with no Sd slot to utilize what would be the best option...Try to power a thumb drive through the EXT. or attempt to do that through either the cradle or the mini-usb 5pin...

garzyboi said:
...or unless someone has an f100 lying around and a few dollars to buy the card....
I would not recommend to buy the card at this time. There are no working drivers for either the 820 or 821 card.

How would you use a browser and a WiFi card at the same time? Could you temporarily load it into the RAM?

Back