Spectec Wlan b/g SDIO Card on Pandora,need Help

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Hi all i bought this rare SDIO Wlan Card for the Second SD Slot on my Pandora

and want to ask if anyone can please compile that Linux Driver that i found.

41EEDq4jHvL._SX425_.jpg

There are some Kernel related Things which i dont know and i found this Linux Driver for it from Spectec:

http://www.spectec.com.tw/download/Spectec_802.11bg_GPL.rar

from this Site:

http://www.spectec.com.tw/downloads.html

Its an Interresting Device and i hope for a faster Wlan on the Pandora without activating the USB Host ;)

For Palemoon browsing,Youtubevideos,Mediathekvideos,Kodi(aka XBMC) and many other Things over Network.

Would be glad for any Help to get it work,but dont forget about my limited Linux knowledge ^_^

Actualy when i put that Card in say Dmesg nothing about that Device :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any News?

I did not found any Information about the Pandora and SDIO.

Is it possible that this SDIO Device will not work generaly?

Or is there a SDIO Kernel Module which i can load with modprobe?

Dmesg say:

mmc1 : new SDIO card at address 0001

Any Hints?

I've had a quick look at the source you linked to, and unfortunately it looks like it hasn't been updated for the 3.0 kernel - it's got build steps for 2.6 or 2.4, but nothing for anything newer as far as my understanding of its makefile goes.

On the other hand the C code looks reasonably clean to my eye, and it builds a kernel object 'ks79xx_sdio.ko' which, doing a quick search of which has been compiled for the Sharp Zaurus boards, so should be buildable on Pandora.  I've no idea what's involved in porting a .ko file from Linux 2.6 to 3.0 though, so I can't really say how feasible it is.

Ok i will try it with CodeBlocks or Cdevtools ;)

That ks79xx_sdio.ko File is my Goal?

When i manage to build this then can i insert this in the Kernel with insmod?

Then executing it with modprobe?

Insmod and modprobe effectively do the same thing.  In fact I think modprobe may actually call insmod,  but I'm not 100% sure on that.  In any case you would only need to manually execute one of them, not both, to load a module.

- Neelix

Unfortunaly but as expected did compiling here not work,it search Directorys on the Nand which does nox exist.

(and a version.h File in that Directorys)

CodeBlocks and CdevTools did not work here.

Even with make -k not :rolleyes:

Can anyone with more Knowledge please try to compile this Module? ;)

Have you running this thing on a desktop PC already?

Might be easier there and getting it to work at all is more important than making it running on specific devices at this point.

Have you running this thing on a desktop PC already?

Might be easier there and getting it to work at all is more important than making it running on specific devices at this point.
Nope,all my PCs are connected with LanCables here.

Maybe an Idea is to try an older Zaxxon with older Kernel for compiling and when it compiled on the older Kernel,just copy the Files and try it to insert them into the newer Kernel or modprobing it on the newer Kernel.

Is that an Idea which can work?

Bought this Device specialy for the Pandora and there must be a Way to get it work.

Maybe i can use an older Zaxxon from SD Card?

*facepalm*

You should use the pc to check if that card works at all anywhere. You do not have to use it....

I doubt that a jump from 2 to 3 will work for a module, but you never know.

That's still talking about a 2.6 kernel though.  I don't know what breaks on the Pandora if you try to go back to using the 2.6 kernel, but I would be surprised if a few things don't break.

Maybe an Idea is to try an older Zaxxon with older Kernel for compiling and when it compiled on the older Kernel,just copy the Files and try it to insert them into the newer Kernel or modprobing it on the newer Kernel.

Is that an Idea which can work?
You don't need old SZ, can just use boot menu option to boot 2.6 kernel for CC or rebirth (all firmwares still have the old 2.6 kernel).

Copying modules from 2.6 to 3.2 can't work though.

That's still talking about a 2.6 kernel though.  I don't know what breaks on the Pandora if you try to go back to using the 2.6 kernel, but I would be surprised if a few things don't break.
1GHz can't boot 2.6 kernel at all, on CC/rebirth you can use it but lose ext4, some squashfs compressions, many drivers and so on.

Back