Scummvm Kor. 0.4.2 For Gp2x

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
All,

NK has updated his build of ScummVM Kor. for the GP2X to version 0.4.2 (based on the Korean versioning, so it's ScummVM 0.9.*CVS as of a month ago with the Korean patches).

You can find a mirror of the download here.

Mostly just a recompile and misc fixes. Seems to run overall better, definitely worth the upgrade :D. There is a readme (In Korean).

I will try and get the scalar code bottomed out and release another build of ScummVM based on my code set in the near future. Not sure I see the point until it has something to mark it as different from NK's releases.

joystick: cursor move
b: mouse left click
x: mouse right click

start: enter
select: esc
y: space (pause)
r: menu

a: .key
stick: 0 key

L+stick: exit (no confirmation)

Updated key config.
Setup is saved in scummvm.iniinstead of in home directory.
Save file gets saved in game data directory.
NO more screen scaler. But 320x200 gets scaled upto 320x240.

640x480 games won't look good.
You can enter only 0 and .keys.

joystick: cursor move
b: mouse left click
x: mouse right click

start: enter
select: esc
y: space (pause)
r: menu

a: .key
stick: 0 key

L+stick: exit (no confirmation)

Updated key config.
Setup is saved in scummvm.iniinstead of in home directory.
Save file gets saved in game data directory.
NO more screen scaler. But 320x200 gets scaled upto 320x240.

640x480 games won't look good.
You can enter only 0 and .keys.

Is there a way to disable the scaler? It isn't worth having it 20 lines larger to have it look so ugly. I hate scaling unless it is an even number like 2:1, 3:1 etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to disable the scaler? It isn't worth having it 20 lines larger to have it look so ugly. I hate scaling unless it is an even number like 2:1, 3:1 etc.

In the ScummVM sense that’s not quite true, most of the VGA, EGA etc. games used non-square pixels. i.e. they are meant to be stretched very slightly to fill a 320*240 screen from there 320*200 native.

Is there a way to disable the scaler?  It isn't worth having it 20 lines larger to have it look so ugly.  I hate scaling unless it is an even number like 2:1, 3:1 etc.

In the ScummVM sense that’s not quite true, most of the VGA, EGA etc. games used non-square pixels. i.e. they are meant to be stretched very slightly to fill a 320*240 screen from there 320*200 native.

Well that is fine for an analog device like a CRT where you can fill the screen and still have it at 1:1 by changing the monitor adjustments etc.

For a fixed pixel LCD display scaling means leaving some pixels at 1:1 while doubling every Nth pixel. That looks horrible, it is ugly,ugly,ugly especially text, YUK. There should be an OPTION to scale or not but shouldn't force you into scaling if you don't like it.

Well that is fine for an analog device like a CRT where you can fill the screen and still have it at 1:1 by changing the monitor adjustments etc.

For a fixed pixel LCD display scaling means leaving some pixels at 1:1 while doubling every Nth pixel. That looks horrible, it is ugly,ugly,ugly especially text, YUK. There should be an OPTION to scale or not but shouldn't force you into scaling if you don't like it.

Just chill, there are far worse things in life, you may be right so get coding, it's easy enough to do then you have loads of flexability with the code :). My builds will always have the 20 line scale on by default but I will try and make it an option to turn off ;).

For a fixed pixel LCD display scaling means leaving some pixels at 1:1 while doubling every Nth pixel.  That looks horrible, it is ugly,ugly,ugly especially text, YUK.  There should be an OPTION to scale or not but shouldn't force you into scaling if you don't like it.

Just chill, there are far worse things in life, you may be right so get coding, it's easy enough to do then you have loads of flexability with the code :). My builds will always have the 20 line scale on by default but I will try and make it an option to turn off ;).

I know there are worse things. I would just like to be able to play your port as it will probably be good. It would always bug me seing a bunch of 2 pixel thick stripes alternating across the screen garbling the graphics though. I really hope that you could put in an option for 1:1 even if it is just a config file that I would edit in a text editor. There ALWAYS should be an option for 1:1 in any program as it gives the true unmolested image, text looks especially bad with stretching.

Or I could learn to code as you say. Come back 25 years from now and you will see my first alpha :p

There ALWAYS should be an option for 1:1 in any program as it gives the true unmolested image, text looks especially bad with stretching.

Ok, ok, :D it's done, there is an option in the GUI to turn the scaling off, I'll release a beta once the usual testing guys tell me it's good enough.

There ALWAYS should be an option for 1:1 in any program as it gives the true unmolested image, text looks especially bad with stretching.

Ok, ok, :D it's done, there is an option in the GUI to turn the scaling off, I'll release a beta once the usual testing guys tell me it's good enough.
Cool, got to agree with DaveC - there should always be on option for no scaling. And I'm not just referring to Scumm here.

Many things just look plain bad with it ;)

very good version but its seems like also monkey2 ist unplayable cause its not possible to type in letters which is need at this broken copy protection.
besides that it looks very good, no sound lagging at all anymore.
Im playing monkey island 1 again now, cant wait to play part 2 and 3 ;)
Thanks DJWillis!!!

very good version but its seems like also monkey2 ist unplayable cause its not possible to type in letters which is need at this broken copy protection.

Oooops, mea culpa, not retested that since I changed the key layout to match NK's. I'll fix it in the next alpha.

DaveC, remowilliams,

Just for you ;)

http://www.distant-earth.com/scummvm/

Worth adding that this build and the new one below works with TV out (so I have just been told) :).

There is a slightly newer build about with faster OGG (working MUCH better), misc fixes, changes to save code etc.

Alpha 6.1 here.

Not an 'official' alpha as such, just a few expermental patches that turned out well (and it now support V. 7/8 games (i.e. The Dig/FT)).

Alpha 7 will have a tweaked button layout (Support for MI2) and some other fixes (and maybe scalar).

Still, as some of you seem to like to play with the latest builds play away :D.

sounds very good! Thanks.
will in alpha 7 also be support for Monkey3?
Anyway thank you DJwillis for this great port!

Back