Scummvm For The Gp2x

DJWillis posted on Feb 14 2006 at 12:26 PM said:
Ok Guys,

I will try and look into this a bit more. I can't reproduce the black screen on my GP2X's with vairous firmwares. I don't suppose anybody with serial and the problem can shed some light on this.

Gandalfjip, can you get the MD5 for the version you are trying to use (details on the SVM WiKi), is it detected at all and fails to run or just not found?

srry for fast post, full throttle work, just i used bad, ssryy for post

EDIT, got blocked in full throttle when i fight on the road, first fight after bar scene

Last edited by a moderator:
Options doen't work for me. :unsure:
When i click on the options button then my gp freezes.
I use firmware 1.2.0

Btw: In the prev. version Full Throttle worked perfectly for me.

People in the UK (like myself) can buy games like Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Simon the Sorcerer, (talkie versions of course), etc from GameStation - via their stores, or presumably via the internet. These games are second hand and cost about £3-£5 each. Apart from E-bay, this is probably the only way to get such old titles.

I know, but there is obviously something wrong...

Previous version worked fine for me, and i have everything in the right places...

It Doesn't use a static path, correct? i have mine in /mnt/sd/Games/ScummVM/

Polymira posted on Feb 14 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
I know, but there is obviously something wrong...

Previous version worked fine for me, and i have everything in the right places...

It Doesn't use a static path, correct? i have mine in /mnt/sd/Games/ScummVM/

There are no hard coded paths but I am looking into all these reports of issues and bugs (it is an alpha after all ;)). So I will do another release when I have them licked and have fixed BS1's saves.

Do you have any tweaks that effect the mixer installed, I notice it seems to lock for you just after setting the volume to a moderate level and not going on further.

Also, can you backup and remove your .scummvmrc file to see if that's a problem. In fact, just unzip the zip into some folder (foo?) and try it from there.

indole, I have a few reports that clicking options can SegFault the app (crash) sometimes, not 100% sure what is causing it but I would think it is connected with the DOTT SegFaults mentioned in the readme (same output).

DJWillis, is there anyway for you to not create the .scummvm folder, as it is always empty and gets really annoying trying to delete it everyso often. Or is there a way to hide it on the gp2x's file browser/game menu?

other then installing SDL after i got my gp2x, and installing 1.4, i haven't touched NAND...

AND, i have removed the file, re-installed the app, etc .. nothing works =/

Tis strange. as i don't see how my 2x is any different then any one elses.

DJWillis posted on Feb 14 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
indole, I have a few reports that clicking options can SegFault the app (crash) sometimes, not 100% sure what is causing it but I would think it is connected with the DOTT SegFaults mentioned in the readme (same output).

It produces a SegFault everytime i click on it, not just sometimes. :(

@DJWillis: I sent you an email (via your profile here) but it seems you didn't get it. Since i can't locate your email address on your page or in the forum and i don't like to post mine here it would be nice to let me know how i can contact you besides this forum (or just read your pm's :p ).

indole posted on Feb 15 2006 at 11:32 AM said:
DJWillis posted on Feb 14 2006 at 08:41 PM said:

It produces a SegFault everytime i click on it, not just sometimes. :(

@DJWillis: I sent you an email (via your profile here) but it seems you didn't get it. Since i can't locate your email address on your page or in the forum and i don't like to post mine here it would be nice to let me know how i can contact you besides this forum (or just read your pm's :p ).

Indole,

If the new build is segfaulting for you I would recommend going back to an older build while I take a look at these bugs, if this was a solid, well tested release it would not be marked alpha (the most unstable of all release types ;)).

As for the source request, I got your mail yesterday and I am sending you a patch. I have been up to my neck in work related stuff (think big layoffs, massive restructuring and a huge amount of uncertainty) so I have just not got around to it yet, add to that the fact that I wanted to spend some time with my Girlfriend yesterday and I am sorry if I am testing your patience ;).

As for reading PM’s, I don’t bother to check them much anymore and that is just a choice. I ask people to mail me so I can keep track of things and set myself tasks from the mails so I don’t forget things, there are several mail links on my sites that can be found (in the case of ScummVM there is a link with my name at the bottom of every page, many other people use that link to mail me about the project).

Thanx, when i got the source i'll try to look for the segfault myself.
Sadly the older build doesn't work with my savegames so i have to get this
version to work for me or wait till later versions.
best regards

B)

indole posted on Feb 15 2006 at 07:58 PM said:

Good luck, any help with patches to fix bugs would be very cool :D.

The idea of people using these alphas for long term gameplay is a little scary ;).

I sent the mail a few hours ago BTW.

DJWillis posted on Feb 15 2006 at 02:06 PM said:
indole posted on Feb 15 2006 at 07:58 PM said:

Good luck, any help with patches to fix bugs would be very cool :D.

The idea of people using these alphas for long term gameplay is a little scary ;).

I sent the mail a few hours ago BTW.
Scary? I played 3 hours straight of DotT with no problems at all :p

indole posted on Feb 16 2006 at 11:49 AM said:
Looks like the patch doesn't work, the resulting patched files got twice their content. :(

OK, i'll reply to your e-mail, I did a quick test before I sent it and the patch seemed fine.

greenpix posted on Feb 17 2006 at 03:26 PM said:
nice to see you working on this. I like the working volume buttons but could you please make the old skin avaiable? I liked the old look better.:)

Easy, DON'T put DEFAULT-THEME.ZIP in the folder with the GPE and it will fall back to the old theme.

greenpix posted on Feb 17 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
jabadabdoo - thx for the fast reply. And a question on the side - Do you expect the emulation to run MI3 Full Speed at any time? :)

In all honesty, nope, I always said before it would be slow, MI3 is a beast of a game and the way it updates the screen is VERY CPU intensive, I expect it to get a lot better (in fact a number of people are working on it in the background) but full speed, no, not really. It's a big game designed for 640*480 res. PC's of a decent spec.

Oh, and it's not emulation, it's a virtual machine, i.e. the game scripts are being run and interpreted just as the original LucasArts engine also would, just on many, many more platforms ;).

All,

I have posted a very quick new alpha build of ScummVM (7.1) here.

It is not suitable for a big release and if you are not having problems with Alpha 7 I would not bother with it just yet and wait for newer more tested builds. Look at the link for notes about the release.

Back