Scared To Order Wiz....

foody

Still Fresh
I have actually almost the money I need to order GP2X-Wiz, but after all the talk about the Wiz dying and losing against Pandora and how majority of the developers are moving to Pandora and how it died as early as it came out and how bad of a hardware it is and how most developers are quite and lack of support...I am starting to wonder if I should buy GP2X-Wiz at all.

Do you think I should save my money and order Pandora instead? What about the state of the emulators in Wiz, are they going to be constantly supported or is that it for Wiz with they have?

i think you questions are already answered in a recent thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53017-current-wiz-emulator-situation/

Last edited by a moderator:
At least wait gp32spain contest results (around august) because it can be somehow a sotware explosion for the device :)

For emulators, i don't know. I for one will be making games for the Wiz, (so i hope you buy one and play my games :) ). I am also still, maybe naively, hoping it will get a wifi module soon. There is only room for 4k pandora users for quite some time, so the rest of us will be using the Wiz.

/Uni

I think that (fortunately) not all scene developers will want to buy a Pandora, if they could make this. I don't like to talk about other consoles in this Wiz forum, but I want to say something.

Some good GP32 or GP2X developers (not all) are waiting for Pandora and they ignore the Wiz. This is like if they were frozen for some years and hope wake up when it comes out the other console. Some of they made very good games and emulators in the GP2X scene, and they could make something for Wiz. But they don't want, don't have time, or some other reason. I think that Wiz isn't a direct competition for Pandora, I think that the wave of iPad clones that are coming is more competition. Why some good and active scene developers take this decission? I don't know.

I'll throw my two cents in here by simply saying: I hope the developers here continue to support the WIZ however, if what we've got so far is all we ever get, I'm glad I purchased my WIZ. In it's present state, with the software that's already been made for it, it's more than worth the price to me ;).

i just ordered a cable that i can build my own wifi ... i'll try to support the wiz with homebrew games. i don't like fiddling around with other peoples code :)

Back