Gp2X Wiz

zaephen

This is my first post. Sorry if this has been already been asked. I looked through a PDF of the Wiz manual and also searched on this site and couldn't find an answer.
My Wiz should be here tomorrow but I'm dying to know, can you play it while it's charging? If not, how long does it typically take to fully charge it (from totally drained or nearly so)?

you can play while charging. no problem. the cable is quite short, though. you might get some usb ac adaptor if you don't want to charge it using your PC. the one from the iphone works btw :)

crow_riot said:
you can play while charging. no problem. the cable is quite short, though. you might get some usb ac adaptor if you don't want to charge it using your PC. the one from the iphone works btw :)
Thanks for the quick reply ;) . I was hoping you could play and charge at the same time but I couldn't find anything that confirmed it for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as this will be the first time your wiz will have been used, It is usually
recommended that rechargeable batteries are given an initial first (break in) charge.

Which should be done with the device not being used, Switched off, And charged
uninterrupted for around 8-16 hours. This initial charge basically condition`s
and set`s the battery up to perform at it`s optimal capacity for the rest of it`s life.

This should only be need to be done once, And best done on the first ever charge.

Failing to do the initial (break in) charge can usually have a detrimental affect on
the battery, As it may not be able to charge to full capacity or last as long as it
should between charges.

I have seen this through first hand experience.

Trooper

trooper said:
It is usually recommended that rechargeable batteries are given an initial first (break in) charge.

Which should be done with the device not being used, Switched off, And charged
uninterrupted for around 8-16 hours.
Thanks Trooper. As hard as it's going to be not to "play" with my new toy when I get it LOL, I'll definitely do this to get all I can out of the battery ;) .

^^ HAHhahhAH, I know the feeling!
I do know that you are supposed to do this with new devices with rechargeable, but it will be painful!

Thanks for the disclaimer :D

trooper said:
Seeing as this will be the first time your wiz will have been used, It is usually
recommended that rechargeable batteries are given an initial first (break in) charge.

Is this still the case with modern Lithium batteries?

Peter R said:
trooper said:

Is this still the case with modern Lithium batteries?
Not without exceptions, but I'm fairly certain that is the case.

Back